Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I140 Transfer Question & need Suggestions !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I140 Transfer Question & need Suggestions !!!

Hi,

I need some help in my situation.

I have my EB2 labor (Oct 2006) and I140 (Nov 2006) got approved in May 2009. I still stay in my H1B visa. But I have EAD & AP. Both me and my husband applied for I485 in July 2007. My husband started working in EAD from 2008.

My husband had applied his EB3 labor in Mar 2005 (old process). It got cleared and he applied his I140 in Jan 2008 (not sure whether his I140 got applied in EB2 or EB3). After that, we did not even follow up about it and he joined new company using EAD which he got through my GC process. Now after 2 years, today he got an email from USCIS that -

"On February 10, 2010, we transferred this I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER to our <<LOCAL OFFICE>> location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

We moved to new house and we did not even change the address on that application. Not sure whether we need to do something now.

- And also, how do we get the copy of receipt and transfer notices of his I140?
    - Why did they move to local office? Is there any reason?
    - If his I140 was applied in EB2, can we use his priority date if it gets approved (which I am not sure)?
    Can any of you please advise?

Thanks,
    Swetha

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X