Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-140 - Premium Processing

Hello,

1. Based on the current scenario, is it a good idea to convert my existing I-140 application to premium? I heard there are a lot of RFE's in doing that. Please advise.
    2. Will the I-140 applications be denied instead of RFE's? If so, will it affect my I-94 status?

Thanks for your help in advance.

(1) Premium processing has got nothing to do with RFEs. Issuance of RFE is triggered for a variety of reasons and merely filing using premium service has no bearing on it.
    (2) Your I140 has no bearing on your I94 status. Having an approved I140 does not confer any legal status. You can stay beyond your I94 expiry date legally if you have your I485 being processed by USCIS.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you scientist2016.

Another question I have is,

3. Is the regular processing time for I-140 too long at the Nebraska Center? Should I wait for regular if it is not too bad or should I go ahead with Premium just to get it over with?

Thank you

Comment

That's a matter of personal choice. If it does not cost you (i.e., your employer is bearing the expenses) you might want to convert to premium just to get it over with, as you aptly put.

Comment

Am I correct that premium for EB1C isn't available right now? Same deal with i-140 and i-485 filing concurrently?

Comment

Originally posted by condor View Post
            Am I correct that premium for EB1C isn't available right now? Same deal with i-140 and i-485 filing concurrently?
            Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by scientist2016 View Post

Yes.
              What if Premium processing becomes available how do I upgrade to it?

Comment

Your employer can upgrade to it by paying the fee and filling out a form. I am not sure if EB1C ever had a premium option. The rest of the EB categories have premium processing. There is no concept of premium processing for I485.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X