Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter of experience question

Hi friends,

I want to file I-140. However my previous employer is refusing to respond to my request for a letter stating my work experience. The experience gained here was important part of the advertisements.

Any suggestions on what I should tell the legal counsel at my current firm? Is it possible to file I-140 without this VOE? I have a letter from my employer 2 jobs ago who is very helpful.

Thanks and regards

Typically in 140 its best that you submit all the experience letter for the job you have mentioned or going to mention ie if u have mentioned 3 jobs as ur experience u need to provide experience letter.

But in some cases u cant obtain the experience letter. In that case u need to get attested(affidavit) copy of manager or co-worker as proof of ur work experience stating ur job responsibilities same as mentioned during filing PERM or 140.

Typically in EB-3 it states atleast 2 or 3 years of experience before the current employer. So if ur able to provide that then u dont have to worry about the old employers. But u dont know they may ask. So in that case if ur missing then u can get the affidavit.

I my case the attorney did not submit the experience letter during PERM, so during 140, they sent an RFE(Request For Evidence) to provide work experience within 1-2 months. But I couldn't not provide letters for 2 companies so I had to give them the attested or affidavit copy ( but it was a pain to get all those letters in short time). Then 140 was approved once the experience letter was submitted.

Good luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X