Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I140 portability

Hello,
    I received an approved i140 on 6/15/2020. My spouse applied for H4 EAD application in sept but it is still under process.
    I recently renewed my H1b in my 5th year (now valid until 2023- beyond my 6 year term).
    Today I received a new job offer. My questions are:
    1) Can I go to the new employer and still keep my priority date? i understand I still have to go through the process of PERM, i140 again. but priority date shouldn't be affected right?
    2) IF I move to a new company does my spouse have to reapply for EAD? or will the existing application remain valid?

Hi,
    Please see my Answers below.
    1. Yes. You can keep your Priority date with the help of approved I-140 from your previous Employer. As you mentioned, when you move to new employer, you will need to again run PERM and I-140 filing. If your previous Employer was not withdrawn your I-140 WITHIN 180 days of I-140 Approval then you can extend your H1B beyond 6 years with any employer.
    2. No. Not required. The petition you have filed previously with the help of I140 Approval would be suffice to process.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X