Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From EB3 to EB2 **Whats the process**

Hi,

My company has started my GC under EB3.Currently waiting for Labor approval. But, is there any way we can change from eB3 to EB2 when applying for I-140 ?

# I have joined this company 2+ yrs back.
    # Have Batchelors degree with 3+ years of prior experience (not including my current company)

is it possible to convert from EB3 to EB2 if yes, what is the process? or what is the pre-requist ? Please suggest. Thank you!!

-Dev

Not possible for the scenario that you have detailed.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks txh1b,

But is there any way which i can use my current company experience?
      My position got changed recently. Can't we put current experience also?

Please advise.
      -Thx

Comment

Its possible under only one condition.

You quit the current employer and Join a new employer.

You will not be able to retain PD.. its Labor cert all over again..

Comment

Couple of problems. You do not seem to have the exp needed for jobs eligible for EB2. The job must require a EB2. To use current experience, the job for GC has to be 51% different than your experience from previous job.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Job Change - PERM and I-140 approved, I-485 not filed yet

Hello,

This question may have been asked before but I couldn't find the answer.

My current situation
            1) Currently in 5th year of H1 with employer A
            2) PERM and I-140 approved with a PD of Jan'09; I-485 not filed yet - EB3 category
            3) Received 3 year H1B visa extension based upon I-140

I am planning or rather thinking about job change
            1) Can a new employer hire me under a transfer of H1? How many years would I get?
            2) Can the same employer file for my Green Card under EB2 category. I understand that the stage I and II will have to be repeated but can I keep my priority date same if it is a similar category job?
            3) Does my stage I and II automatically revoke if I quit job at Employer A? Is there a certain timeperiod after I-140 approval that stage 1 and 2 cannot be revoked?
            4) If I can't keep my PD, can a new employer B still file my green card from scratch (assuming that I have a successful H1 b visa transfer), even though employer A has filed my green card before. Will there be any complications?

Any thoughts, advice, experience or recommendations would help.

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X