Applying H4 EAD while H4 Extension is pending and Pending I-140 approval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying H4 EAD while H4 Extension is pending and Pending I-140 approval

I'm expecting i-140 approval by Feb. 2022 based on current PERM timings and filing I-140 in premium. Currently H1-B and H4 status are expiring in Sept. 2021. Maxout date is Oct. 2022. My company is filing for H1-B and H4 extension soon under regular queue. In Feb. 2022 when I get I-140 approval, can I separately file H4 EAD while H4 extension will be still in process? Any issues/suggestions?

Hi,
    Yes. As soon as you get I-140 Approval, with that, you can separately file H4 EAD. But, Please make note, H4 EAD will be adjudicated once H4 is adjudicated.
    Thanks

Comment

Thank you for the response. Attorney is asking me to concurrently file H4 extension and H4 EAD in Sept. 2021 while I wait for my I-140 approval (expected Feb. 2022). Is this a valid/recommended approach ? Can we file H4 EAD with extension before I-140 approval?

Comment

Originally posted by spv.070 View Post
        Thank you for the response. Attorney is asking me to concurrently file H4 extension and H4 EAD in Sept. 2021 while I wait for my I-140 approval (expected Feb. 2022). Is this a valid/recommended approach ? Can we file H4 EAD with extension before I-140 approval?
        Hi Member,
        You can file. But there is 100% possibility of receiving RFE to request I-140 Approval. As you know, H4 EAD can be processed only if we have I-140 Approval. The basic eligibility for filing H4 EAD is, if you have I-140 Approval.
        Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X