Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about the I-140/Green Card process

Guys,

I'm looking for a bit of advice and/or information so that I can know that I understand this process correctly.

I am originally from an EU country and I have been working in the United States on an L-1B visa for the last 18 months.

Last week my company agreed to start the Gree 192.168.0.1 n Card process for me, and I'd like to make sure that I understand the process correctly and how long it will take.

I think they will be filing for me under EB-2 or EB-3, although from what I understand the process is essentially the same no matter which route they take?
    routerlogin
    My understanding is that they:
    1. Spend 3-4 months obtaining a labor certification proving that there are no suitable American workers that are able to do my job.
    2. File an I-140 with USCIS in order to sponsor me. 192.168.l.l
    3. Once an immigrant visa becomes available, I can file an I-485 for Adjustment of Status to Permanent Resident.
    4. I will then be interviewed and fingerprinted by USCIS and if approved, I will receive a Green Card.

Does that process seem right?

I read a lot of things online about current dates, priority dates and EADs and to be honest, it seems like there must be something that I am missing from the process.

We are waiting on some additional management approval before we officially start the process, so I don't yet have an immigration lawyer that I can ask these questions so.

Thank you in advance for any help!
    Last edited by birbajans94; 08-25-2021, 10:37 AM.

Hi Member,
    Here is my thought on your statement.
    1. Spend 3-4 months obtaining a labor certification proving that there are no suitable American workers that are able to do my job.
    2. File an I-140 with USCIS in order to sponsor me.
    3. Once an immigrant visa becomes available, I can file an I-485 for Adjustment of Status to Permanent Resident.
    4. I will then be interviewed and fingerprinted by USCIS and if approved, I will receive a Green Card.
    Does that process seem right?
    Answer: Yes. The above process is correct. But you compressed all the lengthy process in the 4 lines. But overview is right. But please note, time line may vary based on the situation and filing dates.

I read a lot of things online about current dates, priority dates and EADs and to be honest, it seems like there must be something that I am missing from the process.
    Answer:
    Current date: The date your priority date come current. If your priority date becomes "current," you will be able to file for I-485 petition
    Priority date: The priority date is the date U.S. Department of Labor received the labor certification application
    EAD: While you file I-485, you can also file EAD ( I-765) together to seek Employment Authorization during adjustment of status petition is pending.
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X