Saving Priorty Date at i-140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving Priorty Date at i-140

My employer has applied for my I-140. Now, I'm thinking to shift into new company and I want to save my Priority date. Should I need to wait for my I-140 to get approved and then new employer will fill for my H1-transfer? Or I can go ahead and change the company? I heard that you can save your PD after I140? Please let me know. Thanks in Advance

You would need a copy of the approved I140 or at the very least the receipt number to request a copy of I140 using FOIA to recapture the PD with a new employer in the future. The new employer has to start all the way from scratch as far as the GC is concerned.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks alot for the quick reply. It means that the date can be saved once I-140 is approved. That's great, but what is FOAI?

Comment

Google the correct acronym.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X