Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I140 porting to new employer from old Employer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I140 porting to new employer from old Employer.

all,

I have applied for I140 with my previous employer on Feb 24th, 2011 and I started employment with my new employer on April 25th, 2011 and my I140 got approved on May 25th, 2011.

I know, that my previous employer did not revoke my I140. In this case, can I transfer/Port the date when my new employer starts my perm process?

[From some one, I heard that I need to be with my previous employer after he applied for my I140. But, i was with him for only 2 months .. This is what kept me in confusion.]

FYI, My responsibilities are slightly changed from my previous employer to new employer ?

So considering all the above cases, Can i still transfer/Port my I140 to new employer?

Thanks

Hi,

You can port the priority date of the previous I140 and even if you have changed the job it should not be cause of concern, as long as your job duties remain similar to what yo were doing earlier.

USCIS may however, revoke your I140 as a result of fraud.

Pl note, i'm not an attorney, this is just a suggestion. Pl contact your attorney for further clarifications.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X