Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priority Date Porting

Hi,

I am working with Employer A on H1B visa. I have my I-140 approved under EB3 category with this Employer.

I am planning to move to Employer B who has agreed to process my GC in EB2 and port my PD. However, I have the below questions

1) I do not have the I-140 Approval notice. I, however, have the I-140 application that has my name, PD, Receipt number etc....Also, I have the screen shot from USCIS website showing my I-140 approval. Is this sufficient for PD porting?
    2) What will happen if Employer A revoks my I-140. Will that affect my PD porting in anyway?
    3) If my PD becomes current by the time I apply for my new I-140, will that impact my PD porting?

Thanks for sharing your valuable inputs.

Dear Experts,

Please share your valuable feedback on this.

Comment

hi
      you will need some evidence to prove approved I 140 from earlier employer.
      ask for copy of I 140.
      if they dont give you then get it from FOIA from USCIS.
      However
      Interesting thing you brought up is
      what happens if old employer revokes I 140?
      this is something I am trying to find myseilf.
      spoken with countless attorneys.,researched in forums etc and it seems its 50-50 chance.
      if you get concrete info on this please share..
      thanks

Comment

Hi Dmitiri,

My Employer will not share my I-140 approval notice with me. I did raise a FOIA to get the approval copy, but all I got was the I-140 application. But, that does have my receipt number, name, PD etc. I also have the screen shot of the approval from USCIS website. I guess this is sufficient for PD porting.

Also, I talked to my H1 sponsor about the I-140 revokal stuff. Looks like if the previous employer revokes the I-140 before I file my new I-140, porting might be an issue. If not, we should be good.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X