Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B to I-140 Need Guidance

Hello All,

I am currently on a H1-B with a yearly contractual job, while my employer extends my contract by 12-15 months. He is unable to give me a 3-4 year long contract. I am into the 2nd year of my H1-B status. I want to apply for the PR. Please advice if it would be safe to apply for I-140 with 15 months of H1-B. How good are the chances for acceptance?

I and my employer both are sure that after the 15 months, he would again extend my contract though he cant process the documents to give a long term contract at this time. I know its repetitive here though, I am in great dilemma on whether to pursue I-140 or not at this stage of time.

While, I am constantly applying for the job and do get interviewed to be offered the job however, the employers are unwilling to sponsor H1-B and forget about the PR. With my current employer, I at least have the H1-B. However, I am afraid that I might end up using all the H1-B duration on contracts without any progress on the PR part. Its a very scary situation and with lots of doubts.

Please provide your valuable advice. Do you know any lawyer who can help with PR with such a contractual situation? Please add their phone/email or website.

Thank you

Ash

GC is for future employment, and not tied to the current H1. So, I believe you should be good as long as the paperwork for GC is good.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X