Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-140 approved company to be acquired

Hello all,

I am in a very unfortunate situation and need some advice. My I-140 was approved Jan this year on EB2, my PD is sep 2011.

I am in my last year of H1 and company is getting acquired by another company. I am not sure if I would be retained or not. I have an offer from company B but they are unaware of my immigration situation, my question is, do I get a 3 year H1 extention or 1 year on approved I-140 from my original employer?

I know the new company can keep the PD if they apply for successor in interest or the new company is willing to continue sponser my GC(if I completely switch employers). I am more concerned on the H1 extention while the other things are worked out as I am in my 6th year and only have 3 months left.

Regards
    Agam.

If you have a copy of the approved I140, a 3 year H1b extension is possible. Your immigration person from the new company should have given you proper direction.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks txh1.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X