I 140 and 485 concurrent filing with no visa numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 140 and 485 concurrent filing with no visa numbers

With the current state dept status of "UNAVAILABLE" for India EB2 category, are we allowed to file 140 & 485 concurrently? If yes, what would be the benefit?

Can someone explain the process of changing jobs with an approved 140?

Thank you!

Originally posted by kkinusa View Post
    With the current state dept status of "UNAVAILABLE" for India EB2 category, are we allowed to file 140 & 485 concurrently? If yes, what would be the benefit?

Can someone explain the process of changing jobs with an approved 140?

Thank you!
    I do not think they are processing any application at this point until the "unavailable" status is cleared.

Changing jobs with an approved I-140 is not any different from changing jobs without one. The only benefit of an approved I-140 is that you can use the same priority date when you file your GC with the new company. It is very important that you keep good terms with the old employer so they do not revoke your ongoing case. And another important thing: If you are planning on changing employers, try and get a signed letter from your employer that describes the job function (preferably the same description as your labor application) and job duration on the last day of your job. This will save a lot of time when you apply for GC through your new employer.

Yet another note: Request a copy of the approved I-140 certificate from your current lawyer. You will need that when you file your 485 with the new employer.

The intent here is to minimize such requests after you quit.

Comment

Thank you sdimmigrant

After a 140 is approved, what is there to revoke? As long as I have the 140 details or a copy, we can use it for the new filing, isnt it?

I understand about the job description. thank you for being detailed.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X