H1B transfer : Resume , Experience and Qualification Detail Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer : Resume , Experience and Qualification Detail Issues

1. I Joined My Current Company 5 years back.

-When I joined Current company, My Resume was marketed with 3 years’ experience (unreal) and hide my Master qualification.

Current company has filed My H1 petition with the following information and got H1B visa
    - Experience: Current Company experience (3.7 years when petition filed) + 3years of previous employers( not real, worked for 1 year on contract basis outside US)
    - Education: Graduation

Now I am in US on H1B Visa for last 1 year.

2. I am planning to change my company now, but now do not want to keep the past unreal experience. I want to show my Master Degree and current company experience only.

So in this case my H1B will have to transfer from Current Company to New Company. But now the information would be changed from the previous H1B Petition like below
    - Experience: Current Company experience (5 years)
    - Education: Master Degree

My Question is:
    a) When I send my documents to USCIS, will they compare my old resume / Petition information / DS160 (the one i sent for initial H1B from outside US) by time-frames, companies, skills(development Vs Consulting ect.)?
    b) Will there be any chance of rejection on H1B transfer?
    c) Can this impact to my current visa, if the H1B transfer rejection happened?

Anybody having knowledge on this, please tell me how deep do they review the old and new resumes/petition/DS-160 for updates on skills, and employment details?
    I appreciate your help and time.
    Thanks.

Response

They do not go that much into details and would consider each petition as an individual petition. But it is always advisable to keep it consistent unless
    it really is that important to change.

Hope it helps.

Comment

Response

a) When I send my documents to USCIS, will they compare my old resume / Petition information / DS160 (the one i sent for initial H1B from outside US) by time-frames, companies, skills(development Vs Consulting ect.)?

They usually would not go that much into detail, unless they find something is seriously fishy. So I would not worry too much about it.

But keep the details as consistent as possible.

No, as long as your employer is able to show there is genuine need of you to provide services for them and the documentation
      for the same and show that you are highly skilled and qualified. There should not be any issues.

No, the transfer outcome doesn't impact your current validity of the H1B or your current visa.

Comment

H1 Transfer - Slight difference in past experince date

Hi,

I've worked in companies A, B, C, D and E. With company 'E' I came to US in H1B visa and currently my visa status is H1 extension approved. My first company A is not existing now where I worked for X years. I want to join back my previous company 'D' where in records they have X years of experience for my first company A where as when I joined Company 'E' I elevated my company A experience to X.5 years (Just 6 months added). I've the following doubts. Can anybody please clarify?

1. While Company E filed H1 they showed X.5 years of experience for my past company A. However, If I am joining back company D, I've to mention X years of experience only for my first company A. In that case, while Company D files my H1 transfer is there any risk that my H1 will be rejected?

2. If my H1 transfer with Company D gets rejected due to this reason, then is there any possibility that my future H1 extension that will be filed by Company E if I decide to continue here will be impacted/rejected? Or will it impact my current valid H1 status with Company E?

Kindly help me to clarify all my doubts if anybody is aware of the answer. Thanks in advance.

Comment

H1b Transfer

Can you please let me know your H1B transfer status.. did you transfer your H1B by removing your unreal experience. could you please let me know your experience on this..

Comment

Originally posted by mdudigam View Post
            Can you please let me know your H1B transfer status.. did you transfer your H1B by removing your unreal experience. could you please let me know your experience on this..
            Did you get any feedback from the same quote? Please share any related issue with solution, Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by syud47960 View Post
              1. I Joined My Current Company 5 years back.

-When I joined Current company, My Resume was marketed with 3 years’ experience (unreal) and hide my Master qualification.

Current company has filed My H1 petition with the following information and got H1B visa
              - Experience: Current Company experience (3.7 years when petition filed) + 3years of previous employers( not real, worked for 1 year on contract basis outside US)
              - Education: Graduation

Now I am in US on H1B Visa for last 1 year.

2. I am planning to change my company now, but now do not want to keep the past unreal experience. I want to show my Master Degree and current company experience only.

So in this case my H1B will have to transfer from Current Company to New Company. But now the information would be changed from the previous H1B Petition like below
              - Experience: Current Company experience (5 years)
              - Education: Master Degree

My Question is:

Anybody having knowledge on this, please tell me how deep do they review the old and new resumes/petition/DS-160 for updates on skills, and employment details?
              I appreciate your help and time.
              Thanks.

Can you please share your final experience regarding H1b transfer, was there an issue? Thanks

Comment

Anybody faced same issue and got successful transfer? pls let me know.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X