Affidavit of Support with low income

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affidavit of Support with low income

I am a GC holder, about to become a citizen in a couple of months. I filed a I-130 petition for my foreign-born husband and it got approved. Now we are on to the affidavit of support. I understand that I have to show proof of income and tax returns. The problem is I've been a grad. student for the last 2 years, living on student credit. I have barely made any money in the last couple of years and have no savings. Does this mean a sure denial of visa? Can my husband present evidence of having savings, property etc. from his country and will it count? Will my own property overseas count?

Thank you!

His money usually does not count, but his saving, should be able to be counted, but since it is a spouse it is a the rate of 3 times the needed amount meaning, that $30,00 US dollars will only count as $10,000 towards the needed amount. Since is it an I-130 you can as for a joint or co-sponsor, and they must meet the income requirements, alone.
    Or you can use your assets if you have any.
    My suggestion use a joint sponsor.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

You file I 864 and joint sponsor also file I864. Joint sponsor is married then their spouse has to file i 864A.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X