Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to request interview location change to NVC

Hello,
    My husband (the applicant) is an Indian citizen that was born in Syria, but left at the age of 2. The country where he currently lives/work does not offer immigrant visa processing. We received the Welcome Letter/Case Number from NVC that says his interview will be in Jordan. I assume they assigned him to Jordan since his country of birth (Syria) is not currently processing visas. We have no ties to Syria or Jordan and we can't request an interview in his current country of residence. We would prefer for the interview to be in India.

Any advice on how we can request this change? I spoke to NVC, but they were not very clear on whether we could request this change based on nationality, if it would add additional waiting time to our process, and at which step we should request the change.

We are still waiting for the IV application fees to be invoiced, so we have not yet submitted the DS-260, AOS, or any supporting documents.

My understanding is that requesting a change in interview location (if accepted) would generate a new case number. His current case number requires for all documents to be sent electronically, and I believe Indian cases need to be sent via mail. Does anyone have advice on if we should:

1) request this change in location now, wait for a new case number, then complete the DS-260, AOS, and supporting documents
    2) complete the DS-260, and submit the request for location change WITH the supporting documents package
    3) shouldn't bother requesting a change in location

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

A change in processing Consulate is generated by an email t0 the NVC with proof of his Indian citizenship and a reason for the change.

A change request will add time to the processing, but it's a perfectly reasonable request that is accomplished by the NVC on a regular basis.

--Ray B

Originally posted by mmp181 View Post
    Hello,
    My husband (the applicant) is an Indian citizen that was born in Syria, but left at the age of 2. The country where he currently lives/work does not offer immigrant visa processing. We received the Welcome Letter/Case Number from NVC that says his interview will be in Jordan. I assume they assigned him to Jordan since his country of birth (Syria) is not currently processing visas. We have no ties to Syria or Jordan and we can't request an interview in his current country of residence. We would prefer for the interview to be in India.

Any advice on how we can request this change? I spoke to NVC, but they were not very clear on whether we could request this change based on nationality, if it would add additional waiting time to our process, and at which step we should request the change.

We are still waiting for the IV application fees to be invoiced, so we have not yet submitted the DS-260, AOS, or any supporting documents.

My understanding is that requesting a change in interview location (if accepted) would generate a new case number. His current case number requires for all documents to be sent electronically, and I believe Indian cases need to be sent via mail. Does anyone have advice on if we should:

1) request this change in location now, wait for a new case number, then complete the DS-260, AOS, and supporting documents
    2) complete the DS-260, and submit the request for location change WITH the supporting documents package

Comment

Originally posted by mmp181 View Post
      Hello,

hello MMP181
      i have the same problem like you had .. i have chosen Ankara turkey in my I-130 BUT few days ago i received NVC welcome letter with my case number that they put Abu Dhabi , Emirates
      country for my interview .😐. now i only paid the application fees . but did not start DS-260 and uploading forms yet !! ..
      I would like to ask you what did you do finally ?
      did they changed your interview location .. IF YES ,,how long its took time they changed it ?
      did you change it before of after DS-260 finally ?
      will be thanks full if you share your experience about this . and tell me what is best way to change it . i am worry after request to change it take and waist my time ..
      regards 🙂​

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X