Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Affidavit of Support form question. form I-864 or I-864EZ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affidavit of Support form question. form I-864 or I-864EZ?

Hi guys, I am new to this thread. I am a US Citizen. I have few questions regarding the AOS form. I am applying (filed I130) for my wife who lives in India. I have already submitted my DS 261 form and paid my AOS fee. However I am confused as to which AOS form should I feel. I do not understand the difference between I864 and I864EZ. I am a full time student and I work Part time so my income is not above poverty income guideline. I also file my income tax return but I am also dependent on my parents. So when they file the tax return they count me as a dependent. Since my income is not enough, my dad will be filing as a Joint sponsor, and he will be filling out I864 form as well. His annual income is above household size 3 income of over $25,112. so which form should I fill out I864 or I864EZ. also do I also need to show any assests or my dad filling out as a joint sponsor is enough?

one more question about the household size. I live with my mom and dad. I am sponsoring for my wife. so my household size will be 4 correct? including my wife who is in India.

and for my dad his household size will be 3 (himself, my mom and I), is that correct?

anyone able to help me out here?

Comment

Hi

Originally posted by njguy92 View Post
      anyone able to help me out here?
      what i understand is you Can Not file i-864ez cos ur income doesnt enough. U need to file i-864 and ur dad file i-864a cos he living in same house with u. (If he living in different address then he will file i-864)

Since he claim u are dependant, his income should enough for 4 people : you, himself, ur mum, ur wife.
      Pls look poverty guideline to see how much income he need for 4 people, ok.

Comment

one more questions while filling out I-864.
        Part 6 line 13. It says check the box if you have filed federal tax return for each of last 3 years. I have filed tax returns for the last 2 years before that I was unemployed and full time student. Should I check this box?
        Line 13a. b. c. should I put 2014 and my income in line 13a. and 2013 and my income in 13b. should I leave line 13c blank since I didnot file a tax return.

I am using my dad's income as a household member to me meet the poverty guideline limits. but should I include his income in this part(Part 6 line 13 and 13a.b.c)
        THank you in advance for your help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X