Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aju_14 View Post
    Yes! That's what even I think!
    I hope Department of States work the same way you guys are thinking for FY 2018. I just tried to make the point on how historically DoS had worked on 3 different scenarios when FY starts.

All we can do is Hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by Popat View Post
      I hope Department of States work the same way you guys are thinking for FY 2018. I just tried to make the point on how historically DoS had worked on 3 different scenarios when FY starts.

All we can do is Hope.
      No movement for this month August 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by vivekpatel28 View Post
        No movement for this month August 2017
        Well, at least it didn't go backwards!
        One more visa bulletin and it will be Oct.'s movement!!

~sd

Comment

• Originally posted by Shefalid View Post
          Well, at least it didn't go backwards!
          One more visa bulletin and it will be Oct.'s movement!!

~sd
          yes that's i also thought no retrogression. If you see the actual move ment in this fiscal year is 2 months only. from 22nd July to 22nd Sept. very disappointing. if this is the situation, we better cancel our programmes. any way let' s see the next fiscal yer. hope it will start with a good jump...

Comment

• Originally posted by kotha View Post
            yes that's i also thought no retrogression. If you see the actual move ment in this fiscal year is 2 months only. from 22nd July to 22nd Sept. very disappointing. if this is the situation, we better cancel our programmes. any way let' s see the next fiscal yer. hope it will start with a good jump...
            Yes, it will move in Oct( IL starting AUG 30th!). If you recall this from prior blog as shown below... actual movement was only 2 months due to all these late people. I am sure now they are caught up. ~sd

( "Only 40% of 120,000 FB-4 Worldwide beneficiaries who had been sent "Agent of Choice" letters no later than April 2016 have responded to those letters, and of those, only 15% provided sufficient information for an interview to be scheduled. Had they responded in a timely manner, all of those applicants could have been scheduled for interview no later than April 2017. DOS reminds members that timely response to the Agent of Choice letters is helpful to ensuring that case advances to completion as quickly as possible")

Comment

• All the best everyone, hopefully people get IL's in the next 2 weeks

Comment

• fingers crossed.

There can be movement if there is any left overs available from other visa categories.

Comment

• Originally posted by aju_14 View Post
                  There can be movement if there is any left overs available from other visa categories.
                  Yeah hopefully even if it moves a little bit it would be encouraging. Do you think quotas would be renewed from next month, i.e from Oct bulletin?

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmythakkar View Post
                    Yeah hopefully even if it moves a little bit it would be encouraging. Do you think quotas would be renewed from next month, i.e from Oct bulletin?
                    I think no movement in sept bulletin also. From Oct next fiscal year starts so all the very best to all who are having PD from 22nd sept to Oct 15.

Comment

• Originally posted by kotha View Post
                      I think no movement in sept bulletin also. From Oct next fiscal year starts so all the very best to all who are having PD from 22nd sept to Oct 15.
                      This is very frustrating. Since JAN 2016 we are waiting for the interview. Now, F4 India category become hell.

After paying this much fees. it is not fare play for beneficiary. Better to not send welcome letters to us instead of putting on hold. So we can plan our future. I don't know, how are you guys facing this frustration?

TP

Comment

• Originally posted by bca_fybca View Post
                        This is very frustrating. Since JAN 2016 we are waiting for the interview. Now, F4 India category become hell.

After paying this much fees. it is not fare play for beneficiary. Better to not send welcome letters to us instead of putting on hold. So we can plan our future. I don't know, how are you guys facing this frustration?

TP
                        And have you heard of the new policy announced by Mr. Trump. Now immigration will be tough and I don't know in what pace it will move. Actually they have taken all documents and no certainty of when can we move. All decisions are affecting due to this doubt. Anyway let see what's in next fiscal year.

When is your PD? and from which country you are from?

Comment

• Thoughts

Originally posted by kotha View Post
                          And have you heard of the new policy announced by Mr. Trump. Now immigration will be tough and I don't know in what pace it will move. Actually they have taken all documents and no certainty of when can we move. All decisions are affecting due to this doubt. Anyway let see what's in next fiscal year.

When is your PD? and from which country you are from?
                          Just to share my thoughts on this.

Whatever Mr. Trump announced is just proposed bill. There are plenty of stages before it goes into effect. Bill has to pass in the house and the senate (Just like India has Lok-sabha and Rajya-sabha), then it goes to president for signature and then it becomes law.

Since last 10 years I have seen so many of such kind of immigration bills introduced into house/senate, But none were approved by members. This bill got hype because president endorsed it. And Indian media doesn't know a **** about it and they announce as it became legislation.

There is a lot of politics going on immigration topic. And as this bill is cutting down the family immigration, I do not see any change of it getting approved in the house or the senate. These kinda reform need bi-partisan support and clearly this bill doesn't have that.

So chill guys! You will all be greened when your turn comes up.

Comment

• Well said

Well said Mr. popat,

But then what seems to be the problem? Why are files moving very very slow ? Are they out of visa quotas? Why there is movement of only 2 months in last 12 months??

If you have any knowledge regarding this, please share.

Originally posted by Popat View Post
                            Just to share my thoughts on this.

Whatever Mr. Trump announced is just proposed bill. There are plenty of stages before it goes into effect. Bill has to pass in the house and the senate (Just like India has Lok-sabha and Rajya-sabha), then it goes to president for signature and then it becomes law.

Since last 10 years I have seen so many of such kind of immigration bills introduced into house/senate, But none were approved by members. This bill got hype because president endorsed it. And Indian media doesn't know a **** about it and they announce as it became legislation.

There is a lot of politics going on immigration topic. And as this bill is cutting down the family immigration, I do not see any change of it getting approved in the house or the senate. These kinda reform need bi-partisan support and clearly this bill doesn't have that.

So chill guys! You will all be greened when your turn comes up.

Comment

• Numbers

March - 1093 (Movement 15 Jun 03 - 22 Jul 03)
                              April - 1119 (Movement 22 Jul 03 - 15 Aug 03)
                              May - 1204 (Movement 15 Aug 03 - 8 Sep 03)
                              June - 730 (Movement 8 Sep - 15 Sep 03)
                              July - Awaiting (Should be out in couple of weeks)

Total for these 4 months 4146 (There are no data available for Oct-Feb FY 2017). As per law, Any single country can use 4555 numbers/year. They may be allocated more number if numbers from other countries are not used for particular FY towards end of FY. Ans we haven't seen any movement in August VB and presumably no movement in Sept VB, So I assume that numbers are used for this FY, you will see movement in Oct 2017 for sure.

Its all about numbers, DoS do not care how many months they move forward in regards to PD during FY. i.e. Lets say there are 6000 people waiting in Oct 2003 India, DoS may move date just to one month for next FY. Again, This is just example to help you understand.

Comment

• Retrogression

And it retrogressed for Sept VB ( 1 Jan 02)

Now it will be interesting to see how they move forward for next FY.

Originally posted by Popat View Post
                                March - 1093 (Movement 15 Jun 03 - 22 Jul 03)
                                April - 1119 (Movement 22 Jul 03 - 15 Aug 03)
                                May - 1204 (Movement 15 Aug 03 - 8 Sep 03)
                                June - 730 (Movement 8 Sep - 15 Sep 03)
                                July - Awaiting (Should be out in couple of weeks)

Total for these 4 months 4146 (There are no data available for Oct-Feb FY 2017). As per law, Any single country can use 4555 numbers/year. They may be allocated more number if numbers from other countries are not used for particular FY towards end of FY. Ans we haven't seen any movement in August VB and presumably no movement in Sept VB, So I assume that numbers are used for this FY, you will see movement in Oct 2017 for sure.

Its all about numbers, DoS do not care how many months they move forward in regards to PD during FY. i.e. Lets say there are 6000 people waiting in Oct 2003 India, DoS may move date just to one month for next FY. Again, This is just example to help you understand.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X