CP processing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CP processing question

I have my I-140, approved and my priority date is current. During my I-140 I had specified the I-485 option, but I would like to do CP. Since, I fall under the Chennai consular juridiction, I am not eligible for attorney certified I-140. So my question is the following:
    - Which of the following 2 options would be faster - apply for 485 or apply for I-824 followed by CP.

Immihelp, great job in providing this forum.

Thanks.

I'd place my bet on I-824. Even though your priority date is current, you still are way down on the processing queue. So it could take forever to get to your application.

IMHO, base your decision on how much time you have left on your H1. If you have less than 6 mos, then you probably are better off with AOS, as you won't have to wait outside the country while your CP/824 is being processed.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I need a little more clarification. I have 3 years left on my H1. From researching the web, I find that the I-824 takes approximateley one year. CP after that takes about 6 months. From what people tell me I-485 usually takes about a year and half to come through. If I have got the times for the different process correct, would it not be better to go for the 485 rather than 824/CP, because 485 does not invlove the hassle of leaving the US.

Am I correct? Can someone please clarify. Thanks once again.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X