NVC - Unable to access DS-261

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVC - Unable to access DS-261

I received the Fees notice for my Family from NVC (Consular processing using 'Employment' based). I logged into https://ceac.state.gov with the NVC case number/Invoice Number and as Petitioner. The first screen i had showed the fees to pay which is $325 per applicant and i went ahead and paid the fees. I could not find the DS-261 application form on the site. There are 3 tabs on the top of the page 1) Choice of Address & Agent 2)Fees 3)IV Application.

The first tab 1) Choice of Address & Agent is disabled for me.
    I have access to the Fees tab and the status shows as IV fee : 'In Process'.

How do i access the DS-261 and fill in that form? I've tried logging in using the other options on the dropdown -'Applicant' /'Attorney'/'Petitioner'. All 3 options show the first tab (Choice of Address & Agent tab) disabled.

Originally posted by VJ777 View Post
    I received the Fees notice for my Family from NVC (Consular processing using 'Employment' based). I logged into https://ceac.state.gov with the NVC case number/Invoice Number and as Petitioner. The first screen i had showed the fees to pay which is $325 per applicant and i went ahead and paid the fees. I could not find the DS-261 application form on the site. There are 3 tabs on the top of the page 1) Choice of Address & Agent 2)Fees 3)IV Application.

I have access to the Fees tab and the status shows as IV fee : 'In Process'.

How do i access the DS-261 and fill in that form? I've tried logging in using the other options on the dropdown -'Applicant' /'Attorney'/'Petitioner'. All 3 options show the first tab (Choice of Address & Agent tab) disabled.
    -Update
    I called the NVC and they informed me that since my existing employer's attorney was still on the case, i could not access the DS-261. I can ask my new attorney to submit a new G-28 if i want to change my attorney.

Comment

I have the same issue and have not been able to talk over the phone as their lines are always busy.

I received the NVC email notice for my Family (parents immigration) case on January 30, 2019.
      As it was stated in the email, I logged into https://ceac.state.gov/IV which was written on the email with the NVC case number/Invoice Number and as Petitioner.
      In the email there was no mention about DS-261 form.
      After I logged in, The first screen i had showed the fees to pay which is $325 per applicant and the affidavit support fee. I went ahead and paid the fees.
      There are 4 tabs on the top of the page:

1) Choice of Address & Agent

2)Fees

3)IV Application

4)Documents

I have access to the Fees tab and the status shows as IV fee and AOS fee is “Paid” and my IV application is “Incomplete” as I’m still working on it.
      I go back to the following page some friends told me to go too: https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/
      And When I go to DS-261 , Online Choice of address and agent, it takes me to the same page to sign in with NVC case number/Invoice Number and as Petitioner and bring me back to Home page and still the 1st tab “Choice of address and agent” in disabled.

The reason I am worried now is that in the email it said I need to be in communication with NVC about this case within 1 year of the notice, but I have not been able to choose the agent and I’m afraid they will close the case.
      I have emailed through ASK NVC but I have not received any messages.
      I have tried the phone number but no luck, it is always busy.
      Is there any office I can go to considering that there is only 2 weeks left before my 1 year-end.
      Please advise if anyone had the same issue.
      Thanks

D

Comment

Originally posted by d_astorias View Post
        I have the same issue and have not been able to talk over the phone as their lines are always busy.

I received the NVC email notice for my Family (parents immigration) case on January 30, 2019.
        As it was stated in the email, I logged into https://ceac.state.gov/IV which was written on the email with the NVC case number/Invoice Number and as Petitioner.
        In the email there was no mention about DS-261 form.
        After I logged in, The first screen i had showed the fees to pay which is $325 per applicant and the affidavit support fee. I went ahead and paid the fees.
        There are 4 tabs on the top of the page:

1) Choice of Address & Agent

2)Fees

3)IV Application

4)Documents

I have access to the Fees tab and the status shows as IV fee and AOS fee is “Paid” and my IV application is “Incomplete” as I’m still working on it.
        I go back to the following page some friends told me to go too: https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/
        And When I go to DS-261 , Online Choice of address and agent, it takes me to the same page to sign in with NVC case number/Invoice Number and as Petitioner and bring me back to Home page and still the 1st tab “Choice of address and agent” in disabled.

The reason I am worried now is that in the email it said I need to be in communication with NVC about this case within 1 year of the notice, but I have not been able to choose the agent and I’m afraid they will close the case.
        I have emailed through ASK NVC but I have not received any messages.
        I have tried the phone number but no luck, it is always busy.
        Is there any office I can go to considering that there is only 2 weeks left before my 1 year-end.
        Please advise if anyone had the same issue.
        Thanks

D
        I am having the same issue and wondering how you resolved this. Can anyone please suggest how to rectify this?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X