I-140 approved and going Consular Processing route

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-140 approved and going Consular Processing route

As the title says, I-140 is approved and I have opted for Consular Processing in Montreal, Canada. Any idea what sort of timeline I can expect until green card interview?

Please continue posting timeline as I'm thinking to choose Consular in Canada.

Did you get to choose which center? Can you please advise how?

Comment

No, I did not get to choose, but I believe all of the interviews for Canadians happen at the Montreal consulate. I will continue updating my timeline as it goes. So far 1 month since I-140 approved and have not heard any updates.

Comment

I-140 to Consular Processing

Hello,

i AM SURPRISED ABOUT THE MONTREAL CONSULATE.
        MY I-140 was approved around the same time as yours and its over a month now- havent heard anything.
        I called NVC and was told they received the I-140 approval notice and it might take up to 8 weeks to enter the information in their system.
        My question for you is- I do not agree all I-140 consulate is in Montreal???
        I thought it will be a consulate close to your home, for me I-140 read, NVC will send your file to the appropriate consulate.
        Please advise how you heard your file will be forwarded to Montreal.

Originally posted by elcampesino View Post
        No, I did not get to choose, but I believe all of the interviews for Canadians happen at the Montreal consulate. I will continue updating my timeline as it goes. So far 1 month since I-140 approved and have not heard any updates.

Comment

There are a few different consulates in the big cities around Canada. They usually send them to the ones closest to you.
          Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
          4-12: Arrived in Chicago
          4-14: Picked up by USCIS
          4-19: Email & text notifications received
          4-23: I-797 Receipts received
          4-27: Biometrics notice received
          5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
          5-11: Biometrics completed
          6-04: Interview scheduled
          6-09: Received interview letter
          7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
          7-13: Card was Mailed
          7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

Hello Tezza,

Please could you help me to understand how your process went?
            Is yours I-140 /employment based petition? And what class did you apply for?
            I applied as EB2 and received my I-140 in premium processing within one week of filing - around June 22.
            My status changed on case status that my I-797 has been sent to NVC, When i called NVC i was told it has been received first week of July but will need between 6-8 weeks to enter the information into the system and that I am still within the normal processing time frame.
            My question to you is this:

What you described above doesn't appear to be consular processing- correct me if I am wrong!
            Biometrics? I thought once NVC received you petition they open yuur file and send you and case number and then you pay the fees, then ask you to gather your document for initial processing, once all that is completed you are then schedule at a consulate abroad- closest one to where you live as you mentioned.
            But everything you mentioned in your response doesn't appear as Consular processing.
            I would not mind if you can explain further on this.

Thank you

Originally posted by Tezza View Post
            There are a few different consulates in the big cities around Canada. They usually send them to the ones closest to you.

Comment

Originally posted by marksa View Post
              Hello Tezza,

Please could you help me to understand how your process went?
              Is yours I-140 /employment based petition? And what class did you apply for?
              I applied as EB2 and received my I-140 in premium processing within one week of filing - around June 22.
              My status changed on case status that my I-797 has been sent to NVC, When i called NVC i was told it has been received first week of July but will need between 6-8 weeks to enter the information into the system and that I am still within the normal processing time frame.
              My question to you is this:

What you described above doesn't appear to be consular processing- correct me if I am wrong!
              Biometrics? I thought once NVC received you petition they open yuur file and send you and case number and then you pay the fees, then ask you to gather your document for initial processing, once all that is completed you are then schedule at a consulate abroad- closest one to where you live as you mentioned.
              But everything you mentioned in your response doesn't appear as Consular processing.
              I would not mind if you can explain further on this.

Thank you
              My case was actually marriage based category C9, using adjustment of status while in the US - not consular, so don't get the processes confused. I was just confirming above that there are a number of consulates within Canada.
              Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
              4-12: Arrived in Chicago
              4-14: Picked up by USCIS
              4-19: Email & text notifications received
              4-23: I-797 Receipts received
              4-27: Biometrics notice received
              5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
              5-11: Biometrics completed
              6-04: Interview scheduled
              6-09: Received interview letter
              7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
              7-13: Card was Mailed
              7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

You are the one confusing everyone! This is the thread title - "I-140 approved and going Consular Processing route"
                There is nothing consulates abroad has to do with Adjustment of Status as AOS is done in the U.S the entire process.
                Thanks for the clarification though.

Marksa
                Originally posted by Tezza View Post
                My case was actually marriage based category C9, using adjustment of status while in the US - not consular, so don't get the processes confused. I was just confirming above that there are a number of consulates within Canada.

Comment

Hi,

I have the same timeline as you- a Canadian with approved I-140 but haven't heard from NVC as well.
                  Please could you share any update you might have, also can one travel back and forth to Canadian at this stage of the green card? Am assuming you are on TN status?
                  Thanks for your response

Comment

I am travelling over Canada-US border at Detroit-Windsor port of entry five days a week and I am under TN status. I also have not yet heard from NVC. My lawyer has informed that he anticipates 3-4 months from date of I-140 approval before we hear from NVC and estimates about 6 months from now I should have green card.

Comment

I-140 to Consular Processing

Hi elcampesino,

Good to know you can cross the border many times after case is with NVC awaiting next instruction.
                      I have been in the U.S since my file moved to NVC and yet to travel to Canada but will start crossing the border very soon and need to know if Green card application is not an issue.
                      Please let's share contact to compare timeline either on the forum or via email.
                      I will let you know when i hear from NVC, was told it takes 8 weeks to put my information on the system.

Thank you

Marksa

I am travelling over Canada-US border at Detroit-Windsor port of entry five days a week and I am under TN status. I also have not yet heard from NVC. My lawyer has informed that he anticipates 3-4 months from date of I-140 approval before we hear from NVC and estimates about 6 months from now I should have green card.

Comment

Hello,

Did you hear back from NVC yet?

Comment

Hello,
                          I would like to ask if any of you here was a TN visa holder who is going to Montreal for consular processing of an EB2 or EB3 visa... Please kindly share experience.

Comment

HI GUYS, i need your help and advise..
                            my dad’s petition has been approves by USCIS, on the petition, he will travel accompanied by my mom. but now my dad is ill and cannot travel anymore. would it be possible that my mom can still go? the petitioner is my father’s sister.. so the relationship with my mom is sister in law.. please help me and give me advise.. thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Robwinner View Post
                              HI GUYS, i need your help and advise..
                              my dad’s petition has been approves by USCIS, on the petition, he will travel accompanied by my mom. but now my dad is ill and cannot travel anymore. would it be possible that my mom can still go? the petitioner is my father’s sister.. so the relationship with my mom is sister in law.. please help me and give me advise.. thank you
                              I don't think so, everywhere I read they say "enter together" or "follow-to-join". I hope your dad gets well.
                              Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
                              Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
                              Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
                              ---
                              All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X