Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consular Processing - Interview Scheduling Help

Dear all,

I applied for my mother and her priority date is June 2017. I got a letter from NVC that her date of interview in Mumbai is August 10th 2018. I was unable to go that quickly and went to www.ustraveldocs.com and rescheduled the appointment to September 27th.

After medical, I was advised to go for Bio metrics. Then when I called the helpline (they too are ustraveldocs), they said, I have to cancel my appointment and take another one in Category 3 (Biometrics and Interview).

When I go to ustraveldocs to schedule one in category 3, it says dates are not available. Also, if I try for long, the website says I reached my maximum attempts and will not work for 1 day. Looks like this www.ustraveldocs.com is the only gateway to get an interview. Is anyone facing the same issue ?

I traveled all the way to India to help my mother. But now looks like I may not get an interview date. Even when I call the US Embassy in mumbai, they are directing to ustraveldocs.com and NVC said, they do not know anything about Consulate Appointments. So, ustraveldocs.com is the only gateway to get the appointment and it is not working as I expect.

Please advise your thoughts.

Got the interview

Today morning I was able to schedule the interview for my mother in Mumbai. My mother is 74 years old. I am afraid if they will ask American History .. my mother cannot even answer who the first president was. Please let me know what type of questions they will ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Dryice View Post
      Today morning I was able to schedule the interview for my mother in Mumbai. My mother is 74 years old. I am afraid if they will ask American History .. my mother cannot even answer who the first president was. Please let me know what type of questions they will ask.
      I am assuming this is for her immigrant visa (GC). They do not ask those questions for GC. You might be confusing this interview with the Civics test portion of naturalization.
      Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X