Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PacketIII ques

HI all,
    My 140 approved for CP in Mumbai. I am going to India for 3 weeks at the end of this month and will be coming back on 21st Jan 02.
    If my lawyer receives packetIII by 21st jan 02 and wait till I come back then I guess I will be late in sending the packetIII.
    My question is, is it possible for me to send packet III by downloading directly to consulate.
    Abu do you have any idea.
    I need your help experts.

Thanks

You can make P3 in advance now.
    You need DS230 Part I per applicant, OF169 and cover letter.
    Look at immihelp / downloadable forms

Comment

PacketIII ques

Yes You can download it and send it directly - assuming you have your case number.

Thats exactly what I had to do since when I asked my lawyer for a copy of Packet III he never sent me the the cover letter with my case number on it.

To get the case number you call the National Visa Center between 9am and 3:30pm EST, feed a bogus case number into the system to get an operator and then give the operator your receipt no (top left corner of I-797 approval notice) and they can use that to find the case number assigned to you by the NVC.

Once you have it you can fill in the OF 169 and the DS 230 pt 1 and send them off to the consulate.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Abu and KW.
        Today I talked to an operator at NVC and got the case number.
        But she mentioned that CP procedure would be changed from Jan 2002 - it is that NVC will send packet of info to my lawyer and then we have to send it to Misouri and they will send it to NVC where they will review the file and send it to consulate.
        I am totaly strange about this as I knew from the post is that I need to send packet to consulate directly..
        Any info regarding this pls post....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X