Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit POE Experience

Hi all,

after getting my IV in Germany, I came back to the US yesterday through Detroit.
    The procedure:
    I went to the normal, Non-US Citizen line, showed my IV. The officer led me to Seconday Inspection.
    There, another officer, an elderly Gentleman, opened the envelope, took two fingerprints of my right index finger, and had me sign next to the fingerprints. He then stamped my passport.
    He asked if the address is going to be valid for the next 6-8 months, explaining that it can take 6-8 months for the actual card to arrive.
    All in all, it took less than 5 minutes.

Cheers, and good luck to all
    -JoeF

If you don't mind, could you please post detailed step by step experience in generic langauge so that I can add it for Germany, like many places in India and other countries on this web site?
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

CP process in Germany

Sure I can give you an overview.

Let me start with the address:
      American Consulate General
      Immigrant Visa Unit
      Siesmayerstrasse 21
      60323 Frankfurt, Germany
      Phone #: 069-7535-0 (01149-69-7537-0 from outside of Germany), 2:00 - 4:00 pm

It is located next to the "Palmengarten", a major Arboraeum in Frankfurt. If somebody gets lost, there are signs giving the direction to the Palmengarten all over the city.

They usually send out medical and visa appointments for the same day, although I have heard from people who didn't get a medical appointment with the P4 letter. The appointments are usually 2 hours apart, e.g., medical at 8am and visa appointment at 10am. The consulate advises in the P4 that some applicants are sent to the medical only after the visa interview.
      It is possible, to do the medical without appointment if this is done in the days before the interview. The doctor's office is open Mo-Fr, 7.30-11am for this.
      The medical is done at
      Internistische Gemeinschaftspraxis Dr. Peter Kroneberger & Associates
      Ulmenstrasse 43
      60325 Frankfurt
      This is about a 10 minute walk from the consulate.
      The fee is DM 200 for applicants 15 years and older, DM 80 for kids under 15. The fee has to be paid in cash or eurocheque (a type of check common in Europe). Credit cards or American checks are not accepted.
      It takes 1-2 days for the results of the medical to reach the consulate.

In the consulate, first the visa fee of $325 is paid. The consulate accepts Visa and Mastercard.
      The person at the visa checkin then takes the OF230 Part 2, and checks that the photos are ok. There is a quick-photo machine located in the lobby, so it is possible to get photos there.
      Some time later, they call your name over the PA, and check the documents. All documents except Police Certificates can be provided as copies. At that time, the picture is signed. They also provide an option of picking up the visa or having it mailed. Mailing is done via registered mail, and it is priced at DM 7, which has to be provided in stamps. They said it takes 7 days to mail the visa. The visa usually is ready for pickup in two days, since they have to wait for the results of the medical.
      Finally, your name is called again over the PA for the interview.
      In my case, they did not want to see any tax returns or sailing permit, but no guarantee here.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X