X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing Questions : Packet 3

Hello,

Friends, I have two questions:

I sent the packet 3 to the embassy (London) in late September. But I have not received any confirmation yet.

Q1. Do you know whether the consulate will send a confirmation that they received the packet? If so, when can I expect to this?

Q2. I have heard that it can take 60-75 days for interview date. How many weeks before the interview will I get confirmation of the interview date?
    (I want to know when is the earlist I can book airtickets)

Any help is much apprecited.
    Thank you.

Kapil

call consulate directly.

Comment

No luck

I tried contacting the consulate but the visa section can only be called directly from UK not from abroad!

Comment

That is tough.

Regarding the interview date - each consulate will request the visa numbers from Department of State on a specific date. If your case has been processed by consulate by that date, you will normally be scheduled on the date which is 2 months + the date they start process your case.

Comment

Can I ask how long takes your lawyer to receive your packet 3 from the date NVC sent out the pakcet 3?

Comment

In & Out of Packet3

It took about 3 weeks, I had already prepared most of the documents (police certificate, etc).

Can I ask you a question:
            When the consulate sends packet4 does it contain the interview date?

I have heard from someone that you cannot find out the interview date until after packet4 has been sent. (Not sure if this is true).

Kapil

Comment

At the time consulate sends you packet 4, your interview date has been determined. My understanding is consulate normally will schedule the interview when they receive the visa number from the Department of State. If you can call the consulate, you will find out the interview date eariler than that. I do not know how to get through to London consulate from USA. Can the operator assist call go through?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X