Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does NVC take to respond after I130 is Approved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does NVC take to respond after I130 is Approved?

I am an American citizen and I filed an I130 for my wife in India.
    Had originally applied with all documents and the fee and on April 25th, 2019 I received the Notice of Receipt, saying that my case was approved and has been forwarded to NVC Nebraska center. My money order was also cashed. I check every week of any update and still nothing. As of today 08/06/2019 USCIS is working on cases received on July19th, 2019. I read on their website that it takes 6-8 weeks for USCIS to send the documents to NVC and then another 3 weeks for NVC to begin processing. It has been ideally 12 weeks (April 25 - July 19) and still have not received any update either in mail or email. Tried calling USCIS but can't connect to a live agent. I have also emailed NVC recently to check on status of where my documents are, but no reply yet. What do I do? Wait more?

Originally posted by accap19 View Post
    I am an American citizen and I filed an I130 for my wife in India.
    Had originally applied with all documents and the fee and on April 25th, 2019 I received the Notice of Receipt, saying that my case was approved and has been forwarded to NVC Nebraska center. My money order was also cashed. I check every week of any update and still nothing. As of today 08/06/2019 USCIS is working on cases received on July19th, 2019. I read on their website that it takes 6-8 weeks for USCIS to send the documents to NVC and then another 3 weeks for NVC to begin processing. It has been ideally 12 weeks (April 25 - July 19) and still have not received any update either in mail or email. Tried calling USCIS but can't connect to a live agent. I have also emailed NVC recently to check on status of where my documents are, but no reply yet. What do I do? Wait more?
    I had read some posts that in your case you have to continue to call USCIS and also NVC, and it seems there are people facing the same issues. But honestly, your 130 is approved very fast, I havent heard anything since filling for 7 months now, and I read posts that it will take at least 9 - 15 months now, even the USCIS website indicated 8-10.5 mos.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X