Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties for I-130

Hello,

Friend of mine recently got married in India. He is a green card holder and wife is in India. He asked for my help, and though, this appears old, but I-130 asks for quite a bit of marriage related documents. Obviously, in his case, all he has is a marriage certificate. In that case, is marriage certificate alone sufficient to get I-130 approved? I am sure visa officer at consulate will ask and check all documents. Also, can someone shed a light on "Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties". Is that needed? This is how I-130 describes it.

"Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship. Each affidavit must contain the full name and address of the person making the affidavit; date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit; and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage;"

Thank you all in advance!

You asked in another post why it took 21 months for my F2A to get approved. The time frame to get approved is between 18 months to 24.5 months. You can check in this website: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ ( F2A in California service center). Then you have to wait for the NVC to send your package (another 1-3 months) and then wait for your interview ( 5-7 months ). That’s pretty much the process.

Comment

The affidavits are to certify the authenticity of that marriage. I wasn’t asked to get those but I’ve been told some people need them because they lack supporting evidence. Pictures, social media together, financial accounts, same residence, among other things.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X