Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IR1 consular processing

Hello everyone,
    i am waiting for my interview date, but i have 375 days overstay. is it certain that my visa application will be denied and i have to apply for i601 or any chance that immigration officer can and may approve beacuse i have 2 citizen kids and a spouse?

Can you give more details? So you left the US and are doing Consular Processing abroad? What status were you in when in the US (what visa did you enter on)? Was there a date on your I-94? Did you apply for Change of Status/Extension of Status/Adjustment of Status in the US? When did you leave the US? Why didn't you apply for AOS in the US?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

i had b2 visa, i had a risky pregnancy and after birth doctors wanted to keep the baby close so i didnt leave. overstayed more than 1 year of my i94. i didnt apply change of status, i left us april 2017. applied for i130, in 2018 approved, did NVC processing submitted all paperwork, waiting for the interview date. most likely i will have an interview late september- begining of october. i wasnt married to my husband whan i was in the US. after the baby he came to where i am and we got married here, now we have a second baby, he is struggling here, want to go back trying to estimate if any chance visa can be issued with the bar, or how long would it take the i601 if we need to

Comment

actually let me go far back, came to us with j1 visa in 2007, then switched to f1,in 2009 did my masters and graduated in 2012 and left, came back with tourist visa 2014 and then went back, came back again in 2015 got pregnant, gave a birth, and left total continuous stay was about 18 months. left april 2017. married in june 2017 applied for i130 june 2018 approved january 2019 started consular processing in april completed now waiting for an interview date

Comment

There's no way you can get a visa before 2027 without a waiver.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

How long do you think the waiver takes? and also, now i need to do the medical etc. if/when i get the waiver am i gonna have to do all again? the nvc processing and medical?

Comment

Please I need advice my wife is at the US filled for me and i went for interview on 17th September 2019 the consular congratulated me and said ur visa will be ready in 2 to 3 weeks is past 3 week and still my status is administrative processing what should I do they didnt ask me to bring anything they haven't also call me

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X