which I-864 form to pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which I-864 form to pick

I have a question regarding what form to fill out for Affidavit of support I-864, I-864EZ or any other.
    So i have filled I-130 and i am the petitioner but i don't have a job but my partner has a job and we filled our tax return jointly.
    by the way I meet all the requirement for I-864EZ but one of the field Part 5 question 1 which asks about employment and income and the option i have is employed and retired.

So not sure what to pick there and that is where my doubt is if I am picking right form or not.

Who is the beneficiary?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

So i am US citizen/petitioner and filling this for both my parents. I have filled 2 separate I-130, one for each. And during this process I had not job and still don't have a job but my Husband is work full time and been filling taxes jointly for last 5 years. His income is sufficient to show for this process.
      Just bit confused on what form to use and all.
      Thank you for responding to this post!!

Comment

So you need an I-864 for each of your parents (since they are on separate I-130s). And your husband will file an I-864A for each of your I-864s to act as your "household member", so that his income can be counted in your household income on your I-864. Your individual income (I-864 part 6 #7) will be 0. Your husband will be Person 1 (I-864 part 6 #8-10). Your income will add to his income to produce your household income (part 6 #20). So in total there will be two I-864s and two I-864As.
        Last edited by newacct; 04-06-2020, 03:51 PM.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

newacct thank you so much!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X