approved I-140 and consular processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• approved I-140 and consular processing

My I-140 is already approved and now I am outside the U.S and waiting for consular processing. what impact executive order has on my petition ? will it be ok after 60 days of suspension period. anyone is going through the same situation.

I'm in a similar situation. I resigned from my earlier company on Sep 2019 and came to my home country. The plan was to work in a job here for 6 months and head back with that higher experience. I have my visa on my passport stamped until October of 2020. Now with the current announcement by Trump, I have no idea what to do. I had started applying to USA companies a week back and was slowly thinking I'll head back in a month or two.

What's your update? Did you head back?

Comment

Originally posted by Yogin View Post
      My I-140 is already approved and now I am outside the U.S and waiting for consular processing. what impact executive order has on my petition ? will it be ok after 60 days of suspension period. anyone is going through the same situation.
      The suspension on issuance of immigrant visas has been extended to December 31.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Shavi View Post
        I'm in a similar situation. I resigned from my earlier company on Sep 2019 and came to my home country. The plan was to work in a job here for 6 months and head back with that higher experience. I have my visa on my passport stamped until October of 2020. Now with the current announcement by Trump, I have no idea what to do. I had started applying to USA companies a week back and was slowly thinking I'll head back in a month or two.

What's your update? Did you head back?
        If you have a valid nonimmigrant visa, you can still come to the US on that nonimmigrant visa.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X