Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to schedule a new interview with a consulate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to schedule a new interview with a consulate?

I petitioned 2 years ago for my mother to receive a green card. The I-130 was approved and she attended her interview. Only problem was she was barred from entry for 10 years. We thought it was 5 years at the time but the interviewer asked us to do a waiver (I-601) but we decided to wait out the 10 year ban since it was only 2 years away and it was unlikely that the waiver would be approved. Do I have to start the process over or can we request a new interview date since the entry ban is now over.

Originally posted by silentgunna01 View Post
    I petitioned 2 years ago for my mother to receive a green card. The I-130 was approved and she attended her interview. Only problem was she was barred from entry for 10 years. We thought it was 5 years at the time but the interviewer asked us to do a waiver (I-601) but we decided to wait out the 10 year ban since it was only 2 years away and it was unlikely that the waiver would be approved. Do I have to start the process over or can we request a new interview date since the entry ban is now over.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Why was she barred for 10 years ? On what ground ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X