Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am the parent of US citizen and all papers are approved by NVC and immigration visa interview in in Nov.
    want to know what original and what copies of documents are accepted for interview

Comment

• Dear All,

My parents completed their interview at Mumbai and received the passports with the Visa stamped.

We are now planning their trip to US, so had a couple of questions on the next steps:

1. To pay the 220$ fees, I believe we will be using the "registration number" and the "IV case number (=BMBxxxyy...)" shown on their visa ? Should we be having an "A-number" also ? I cannot seem to find it on the visa/elsewhere.

2. Any other forms/etc to be filled at all ? I do not seem to note anything else. SSN & GC I believe should arrive automatically (without the need to fill any other forms right now) after they have entered the US ?

3. Flights/transit points: Based on your personal experiences, did you take a non-direct India-US flight, such as with transit in Hong Kong (Cathay pacific), or mid-east or Europe ? Are there still any COVID requirements in place, such as the need to show a negative COVID test, etc, etc.. .. (depending on what flights you are taking) ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Comment

• Originally posted by IR5user View Post
        Dear All,

My parents completed their interview at Mumbai and received the passports with the Visa stamped.

We are now planning their trip to US, so had a couple of questions on the next steps:

1. To pay the 220$ fees, I believe we will be using the "registration number" and the "IV case number (=BMBxxxyy...)" shown on their visa ? Should we be having an "A-number" also ? I cannot seem to find it on the visa/elsewhere.

2. Any other forms/etc to be filled at all ? I do not seem to note anything else. SSN & GC I believe should arrive automatically (without the need to fill any other forms right now) after they have entered the US ?

3. Flights/transit points: Based on your personal experiences, did you take a non-direct India-US flight, such as with transit in Hong Kong (Cathay pacific), or mid-east or Europe ? Are there still any COVID requirements in place, such as the need to show a negative COVID test, etc, etc.. .. (depending on what flights you are taking) ?

Congratulations.. Upto my knowledge , these are the answers.
        ans 1) It should be case number (BMBXXX) .. A number not required..
        ans 2) No form to fill. SSN should arrive in 2 weeks and GC upto 2months. But you can always go to nearest SSN office to inquire about SSN.
        ans 3) COVID test seems to be no longer needed. Sometime coming via Dubai/Abu dhabi helps as they complete immigration process there itself..

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahana22 View Post
          I am the parent of US citizen and all papers are approved by NVC and immigration visa interview in in Nov.
          want to know what original and what copies of documents are accepted for interview
          Dear Sahana22,
          Thanks for posting the clarification. Best wishes for the forthcoming interview in November. After receiving the IL, I am sure that you would have booked the slot for biometrics as well as the medical examination. As soon as you fix the biometrics you get a confirmation mail. This mail will clearly tell you about the documents that will be needed for the counsellor interview. This list has been posted in this forum several times. I am, myself ignorant of the search function. But this data is readily available. Please see the post number 2290 of August 2. Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by IR5user View Post
            Dear All,

Dear IR5user. Heartiest Congratulations for receiving the passports. Finally what a relief. Let God’s grace continue to be upon you all. My response to your questions is given below:

1. For paying the fee you will need two numbers, one is the case number starting with BMB. Notice that on the VISA, extra two digits are added, perhaps 01. Ignore them when filling out the number. Also just below this number, you will find the Registration (Alien) number. This does not start from A. It is a very vital number, like our Aadhar card number. Incidentally, this number is also mentioned in the absolute last line of the interview letter.

2. No further forms are to filled. SSN will reach the address given at the time of biometrics in less than 2 weeks and GC In less than 90 days.

3. COVID restrictions are totally removed. You need to have a certificate of being fully vaccinated. You can travel by any route, breaking journey wherever you please. But remember to enter before the validity of the medical/ slash VISA expires ( which ever is earlier).
            Best wishes for the upcoming travel. Keep the forum informed about your experience at all stages.
            Last edited by AlienKanpur; 10-17-2022, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• Hi All,

Wanted to hear any experience if anyone else faced a similar situation. My parents IR5 visa interview was on Sep 29th. Overall, the interview went well but they were asked to submit additional documents and handed the 221g letter along with their passport. This came in as a surprise and we were all very upset. Thanks to this forum I was able to find some posts around this.
              Similar to what I have read on earlier posts, since I had submitted I864ez, they were now needing the I864 and I864A filled out even if I am capable of sponsoring my parents. We uploaded and submitted the documents requested last week On Oct 13. I checked the status on the tracker and for one parent it shows Refused and other as Ready with status update as of Oct 14. It appears it is in the same state like it was after the interview. Has anyone seen the same? Am confused why one parent is refused and other ready even though they both were at the same window during the interview.

Any idea how long it takes to get any response or see updates after documents are submitted in response to 221(g)? The documents were submitted at the VAC center in Delhi on Oct 13.
              Like others on this forum, it has been a very emotional last 3 years since I had started this process and am hoping to see my parents soon.

Appreciate any inputs. Thank you.

Comment

• Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service
                ​90 Days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raj2022 View Post
                  Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service
                  ​90 Days.

All done finally. Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlienKanpur View Post

All done finally. Best wishes.
                    Thank you . Waiting for pa

Comment

• Dear All
                      We have received SSN today i.e. within 11 days of landing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atmakur61 View Post

Dear group members,
                        Me and my wife traveled by Ethihad Airlines which comes via Abu Dabhi. We had our immigration at Abu Dabhi itself. It was very smooth. At First Pre-clearence, the Immigration Officer did not ask anything except the address where the GC is to be sent. Then he took us to the Second Pre-Clearence room where I have filled a form which contains personal details name, passport number, address where we are staying in US and declaration for valuable and items carrying with us to US and gave it the Officer. After few minutes he gave us our Passports with IR5 admit stamp and asked us to proceed to boarding.

Regarding, my self I am Sathya Reddy Atmakur, retired in June 2021 as Asst. Registrar and Secretary to Vice-Chancellor, Osmania University, Hyderabad after serving the University 40 years.

Presently I am staying with my younger son at Herndon, VA. As desired, I am posting a photograph of myself and my wife.

Thank you.
                        Dear Mr SR Atmakur,
                        Congratulations for arriving safely in USA.
                        Your PIC is awesome.
                        God bless you and your family for a memorable future in USA.
                        Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raj2022 View Post
                          Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service
                          ​90 Days.

Congratulations Raj2022 after such a difficult time.
                          God bless you and your family.
                          Best wishes for the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by asg1957 View Post

Dear Mr SR Atmakur,
                            Congratulations for arriving safely in USA.
                            Your PIC is awesome.
                            God bless you and your family for a memorable future in USA.
                            Best wishes.
                            Thank you. Wish you the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by AS45 View Post

Welcome to USA. Nice picture. Best wishes for a new chapter in life.
                              Thank you very much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atmakur61 View Post

Dear group members,
                                Me and my wife traveled by Ethihad Airlines which comes via Abu Dabhi. We had our immigration at Abu Dabhi itself. It was very smooth. At First Pre-clearence, the Immigration Officer did not ask anything except the address where the GC is to be sent. Then he took us to the Second Pre-Clearence room where I have filled a form which contains personal details name, passport number, address where we are staying in US and declaration for valuable and items carrying with us to US and gave it the Officer. After few minutes he gave us our Passports with IR5 admit stamp and asked us to proceed to boarding.

Regarding, my self I am Sathya Reddy Atmakur, retired in June 2021 as Asst. Registrar and Secretary to Vice-Chancellor, Osmania University, Hyderabad after serving the University 40 years.

Presently I am staying with my younger son at Herndon, VA. As desired, I am posting a photograph of myself and my wife.

Thank you.
                                Very nice photo.
                                Congratulations!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X