Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ssahni145 View Post
    Dear All, I am having trouble getting to OFC (Biometrics Appointment). Some questions for getting biometerics appointment via https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/...&country=India​ do you create separate accounts for both mother and father ? If it is one account than how do we get appointment for both of them.

In my case two separate I-130 and applications were filed for my parents.

1. I tried to create account in my fathers name and add my mother as dependent it did not work.
    2. Next I tried to separate accounts for my mother and it complains that similar profile exists
    3. Since I tried all of above eventually they froze my account for 72 hours .

What am I missing here, please help.

Sanjay
    Hello ssahni145,

You need to create a new email id to register on the website. Any id used earlier for any US visa application should not be used. We faced exactly similar issue. Creating fresh id resolved the issue. Hope this helps. Please update the forum if it helps. Best wishes.

Comment

• Dear All
      We have received Green Cards yesterday, after 44 days of landing in USA, for both of us. Best wishes to members in waiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoMac View Post

Dear sweta85
        The statement at the bottom of visa stamp reads like this? UPON ENDORSEMENT SERVES AS TEMPORARY I- 551 EVIDENCING PERMANENT RESIDENCE FOR 1 YEAR.
        This means that in case the Permanent Residence card is delayed for any reasons, the visa stamp will serve as permanent Residence I-551 i.e. Green Card. The moment the Green Card comes in your hand, the visa stamp becomes of no importance. Actually the Green card takes 90 days to arrive.(practically it comes much earlier) In abscence of physical GC, you can do other processes like job hunt, interview, drivers temporary permit etc. For that you might need to show the authority that you are in America on green card. The visa stamp will serve as temporary GC.
        GeoMac AlienKanpur thank you very much for your input .

Comment

• Originally posted by AS45 View Post
          Dear All
          We have received Green Cards yesterday, after 44 days of landing in USA, for both of us. Best wishes to members in waiting.
          Congratulations!

Comment

• Congratulations! That is fast normal time 85 to 90 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssahni145 View Post
              Dear Community, I have never posted here but have been following you all for almost one year now. The posts and data has been super help and many times quite accurate as I have awaited patiently for my parents IR5 interview letter. The minimal contribution I can make to this forum is share this data, if it may be helpful for anyone:

Father : DQ Date: Dec 15th, 2021.
              Mother : DQ Date: March 23rd, 2021.
              IL Email Rcvd: Nov 18th, 2022
              Interview Date: January 11th, 2023 (both together)

Our case was long pending - priority date of November 2019.

Thanks again for all your support and this forum.

Sanjay
              Congratulations for getting your respected parent's ILs. Best wishes for the future.

Comment

Dear All
                Congratulations AS45 on receiving your GCs. Best wishes for the future.

Comment

• Hello all,

My mom received IL for January 25, 2023. The DQ date is January 14, 2022.

Now moving on to the next steps of the process, I had a question and if some members can provide feedback, that is much appreciated. Is there a minimum/maximum duration before which medicals and biometrics need to be done? Appreciate the reply.

Thanks,

AV

Comment

Dear All
                    Dear AS45,
                    Congratulations on receiving your GCs💐
                    Our PoE is on 14th Oct., through Abu Dabhi and living in Virginia.
                    Which state are you live in sir.

Comment

Dear All
                      Dear AS45,
                      Congratulations on receiving your GCs💐
                      Our PoE is on 14th Oct., through Abu Dabhi and living in Virginia.
                      Sir, Where do you live (State)?
                      Last edited by Atmakur61; 11-21-2022, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=AS45;n791435]Dear All
                        We have received Green Cards yesterday, after 44 days of landing in USA, for both of us. Best wishes to members in waiting

Heartiest congratulations AS45. That was indeed very fast. Best wishes.

Comment

• I received IL for my parents today.

DQ Date: January 12, 2022
                          Interview date: January 24, 2023

I have a question regarding biometrics and medical.

How many days in advance can I complete the medical & biometrics for them?

Comment

• Thank you sweta85, asg1957, Atmakur61, Raj2022 and AlienKanpur for your nice compliments on receiving Green Cards. We live in LA, California.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shanaya View Post
                              I received IL for my parents today.

DQ Date: January 12, 2022
                              Interview date: January 24, 2023

I have a question regarding biometrics and medical.

How many days in advance can I complete the medical & biometrics for them?
                              Hi Shanaya,

Minimum advisable period for medical is about 7 days and for biometrics about 2 to 3 days before date of interview. Please keep a gap of 2 days for any adverse side effect of vaccines. If you have concerns about sputum test requirement, you may schedule an earlier date for medical. But keep in mind that if you are asked for sputum test, visa appointment date gets automatically cancelled. Also visa validity date, whenever issued, will be six months from the date of Medical and in case of sputum test, it will be three months from the result of sputum test. Best wishes.

Comment

• Update: My mother finally arrived in the US on Thursday via Air India on IR5 visa. She Landed in Newark, NJ from Delhi. No issues at all. The additional immigration process didn't take more than 10-15 minutes extra. She was the only candidate for green card processing at that time so that may have helped. I will write a new post with all the details and steps I had to go through from initially filing her application to her entering the USA.

We are obviously still waiting on her SSN and actual Green card. I am assuming that they should arrive without any further action on my part - but time will tell.

Thanks to this forum and all the esteemed members who helped me give direction and kept on encouraging me for the positive outcome of her case (I was nervous since her medical test requiring her to go through Sputum test).

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X