Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tooolong View Post

congratulations.

I do have a question to track my mom's green card status - how and what needs to be done? What is the receipt number that I should use, if I need to use this website - https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do

Thanks in advance.
    Use the receipt number starting IOE which was given to you when the 220 dollars fee was submitted.

Comment

• UPDATE Please.
      We are back in India due to health issues,pending financial matters and life certificates for me and my wife.We hope to return after 3 months.
      Health insurance has been a big disappointment,since marketplace takes into account the family income which is on higher side thus no discounts and not your Indian income.It was shocking to
      see 1500 dollars per month premium and some copayments above this.I did contact some insurance agencies and they suggested INFplans to be suitable for 70 plus
      years and covering pre existing issues also.I have requested my daughter to do more research and will update if any good plan is available.

Comment

• Originally posted by tooolong View Post

Update - my Mom's Social Security card came in the mail within 1 week of her entry to USA. The SSN came to the new address that she had the officer change at the Port of Entry.
        Congratulations toooolong for your respected mother getting her SS card so quickly. God bless you and your family.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sect8 View Post
          UPDATE Please.
          We are back in India due to health issues,pending financial matters and life certificates for me and my wife.We hope to return after 3 months.
          Health insurance has been a big disappointment,since marketplace takes into account the family income which is on higher side thus no discounts and not your Indian income.It was shocking to
          see 1500 dollars per month premium and some copayments above this.I did contact some insurance agencies and they suggested INFplans to be suitable for 70 plus
          years and covering pre existing issues also.I have requested my daughter to do more research and will update if any good plan is available.
          Sect8 Sorry to hear about your issues. On marketplace there is an option to select a broker that can discuss premiums/plans/tax credits with you at no cost to you. If you search for a broker and enter preferred language 'Hindi', you can find brokers that have experience dealing with seniors immigrants from India and can suggest best options to get tax credits (what tax filing status is appropriate etc). This may lower your premiums. Thanks for info about *** plans which I will explore next.

Best wishes.

Comment

• I find this forum very helpful and joined as a new member. Here is my situation and really appreciate if anyone of you can share your experience and guidance.

I had applied GC for my parents under IR5 category in January 2021 and their DQ date was 7th Dec, 2021.
            We received email from NVC that their interview is scheduled at Mumbai consulate on 23rd Dec 2022.
            We scheduled Medical and Biometric appointments at Mumbai consulate and they went thru both appointments.
            My mother passed Medical but father had to take Sputum test. He finished giving samples for Sputum test last week. Now we are in wait period for 8 weeks to receive Sputum test result.
            My mother will attend interview on 23rd Dec, 2022. Please share what questions are being asked to parents in Interview.
            After sputum test result, I will need to schedule interview for my father where he will have to go thru VAC appointment for Biometric again and then final interview. Please guide on how to schedule interview after sputum test is clear.
            Looking at one of the comment, it appears my mother will receive 6 months temporary immigrant visa as her medical was clear and my father will receive 3 months of temporary immigrant visa. Is that correct? as I am planning to fly both of them together to USA.

Appreciate in advance your support.

Comment

• Originally posted by abhishekhawat View Post
              Hi everyone, just a quick question. My mother's PCC was issued on Dec 18, 2020. Does she need to reapply for a new one or is this still vaild? Also, if she does need to reapply, her interview is on the 12th of next month, can she take the current pcc with her to the interview while we wait for the new pcc to be available?
              Thanks
              PCC validity is 2 years from the issue date. If 2 years passed then you will need to get new PCC otherwise the same is valid.

Comment

• Originally posted by spDQJUN2021 View Post

We requested for the interpreter at time of setting up of appointment for Biometrics. After Biometrics they put a sticker on the back of the passport with the specific language interpreter request.
                At the Mumbai consulate they allot an interpreter as your request.
                Wish you all the best.
                My mom's Biometric appointment is complete and now she is scheduled for an interview on 23rd December 2022. We did not ask for interpreter for interview. Is there a way to ask for an interpreter upfront or she will have to ask for the same at the time of interview? Interview is scheduled at Mumbai consulate.

Comment

• Subject: Rescheduling after failed medical test and/or sputum requirement

My parents interview date is for 19th January 2023. They went for medical on 2nd December and were asked to get sputum tests done. As per older posts, I am proactively trying to reschedule their interview date. After OFC interview date page, an error pops up "There are currently no appointments available.Please press the Back button and choose a new OFC appointment date.". I tried many dates 2 months after sputum test results. Has anyone else had luck finding a rescheduled date?

Thank you!

Comment

• Hi,

We have selected Visa collection as pick up at Mumbai VAC. Normally on an average how many days does it take from Interview date to "Ready for pickup" ?

Thanks,​

Comment

• Originally posted by kartik_n View Post
                      Hi,

We have selected Visa collection as pick up at Mumbai VAC. Normally on an average how many days does it take from Interview date to "Ready for pickup" ?

Thanks,​
                      Hi
                      it takes about 1 to 2 working days after interview. I got the 'Ready for Pickup' message very next day from Mumbai VAC. Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by DD299 View Post

My mom's Biometric appointment is complete and now she is scheduled for an interview on 23rd December 2022. We did not ask for interpreter for interview. Is there a way to ask for an interpreter upfront or she will have to ask for the same at the time of interview? Interview is scheduled at Mumbai consulate.
                        Hi
                        At interview, your mother can ask for the interpreter at the counter when called to submit the documents. Interpreter will be provided as per her request. Best wishes.

Comment

• For life certificate, I tried several times from various devices like mobiles, iPad, and downloaded the app.However while opening the app, the message shows which I am attaching herewith. Dear members, please advice what should I do.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by GeoMac; 12-05-2022, 12:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AS45 View Post

Hi
                            it takes about 1 to 2 working days after interview. I got the 'Ready for Pickup' message very next day from Mumbai VAC. Best wishes.
                            Thanks AS45

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoMac View Post
                              For life certificate, I tried several times from various devices like mobiles, iPad, and downloaded the app.However while opening the app, the message shows which I am attaching herewith. Dear members, please advice what should I do.
                              If you tried from several devices at the same time, you might want to try again after some time.
                              It is one of the FAQs in the Jeevanpramaan user-manual at https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in/newasse...lation_3.5.pdf
                              Frequently asked questions:
                              3) What have I to do, when I get “Unable to parse Jeevan Pramaan Server response” message
                              Please try again (or) restart the application.​

Comment

• Last edited by anvinjoe; 12-05-2022, 07:53 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X