Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AS45 View Post

Hi
    It is regrettable that one year was wasted because NVC failed to follow their own rules of birth certificate for people born before 1970. Alternative for birth certificate is School Leaving cert or SSC passing certificate which contains date of birth. In our case, we submitted SSC Passing certificate for both of us and it was accepted without any issue at NVC as well as at Consulate.
    Unfortunately, we didn't have a school leaving certificate or a passing certificate for my mom.

Comment

• Originally posted by gc_check View Post

Unfortunately, we didn't have a school leaving certificate or a passing certificate for my mom.
      Sorry for all the trouble you are going through.
      My father did not have a birth certificate either. An affidavit from his mom worked in our case.

Comment

• Originally posted by zakasbanda View Post
        No SSN Yet

Hi Friends

My father landed on April 26 and I have not received SSN yet. Do you know how much time it usually takes? Do you have any suggestions on what I can do next?
        Without SSN, can not apply for medical insurance etc.

Thanks

Comment

• I am in the same boat - parents landed on April 19th. While my Dad’s SS card came within a week, my Mom’s is still pending. Any suggestions on how to track or who to contact?

Comment

• Hello,
            My mother had her interview on 8th May. My sister had filed for her. We had carried all the required documents however, she received 221g and asked to submit I-864A with Letter and status document of joint sponsor. We had filed through lawyer and she said that my sister's income alone was more than sufficient and is surprised why they asked for this. Regardless, she will prepare I-864A and upload it once signed by my sister and brother inlaw. My mom was told by interviewer that sooner this documents are sent, sooner her visa process will be completed. She was also asked for marriage certificate which my mother had carried, she gave it to them so they scratched off that section. Also, my brother inlaw and sister filed their taxes jointly and his w-2s were attached with it already.

I am attaching the letter she is given. Please advice if anyone has such experience, and how long it will take once we submit this papers. Thank you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	******** Image 2023-05-08 at 10.01.39.jpg
Views:	577
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	798122

Comment

• I arrived in the US from India with an approved GC on 5th April. Recd my SSN on 26th April. Haven't rec'd my Green card as yet. When can i expect it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nan1paul View Post
                I arrived in the US from India with an approved GC on 5th April. Recd my SSN on 26th April. Haven't rec'd my Green card as yet. When can i expect it?
                Dear Nan1paul
                welcome to the US. SSN has arrived (a little late but still) it is good. GC normally takes 35 to 90 days. Have patience and hope for the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by AutisticManChild View Post
                  Those who have successfully petitioned for their relatives, what did you do for health insurance? I know this isn't exactly immigration related but this would be very helpful information. Thank you!
                  Once you get the SSN and the GC, you can go to the market place and fill in the details. Depending on the annual income of the beneficiary the Insurance company and premium will be suggested. the premium can vary from state to state for the same income.
                  Best wishes

Comment

• Attention zakasbanda, Nan1paul, @abhd
                    I see several queries about the SSN and GC.
                    SSN generally arrives within 10 days after entering USA. In some cases it has taken upto three weeks. In case the SSN does not arrive within 3 weeks then one can approach the local SSN administration. Some forms will need to be filled up.
                    GC arrives anywhere from 35 days to 90 days after entering USA. One can check the progress of the GC through the NVC website by using the receipt number issued when one paid the $220 fee.
                    Best wishes to all in waiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by rxt View Post
                      Hello,
                      My mother had her interview on 8th May. My sister had filed for her. We had carried all the required documents however, she received 221g and asked to submit I-864A with Letter and status document of joint sponsor. We had filed through lawyer and she said that my sister's income alone was more than sufficient and is surprised why they asked for this. Regardless, she will prepare I-864A and upload it once signed by my sister and brother inlaw. My mom was told by interviewer that sooner this documents are sent, sooner her visa process will be completed. She was also asked for marriage certificate which my mother had carried, she gave it to them so they scratched off that section. Also, my brother inlaw and sister filed their taxes jointly and his w-2s were attached with it already.

I am attaching the letter she is given. Please advice if anyone has such experience, and how long it will take once we submit this papers. Thank you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	******** Image 2023-05-08 at 10.01.39.jpg
Views:	577
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	798122
                      I think there is a similar recent post in this thread where someone had to submit 864A. It could be possible that since your brother-in-law's W2 were included, they are asking for his joint sponsorship document. As soon as you submit it, it should get approved fairly quickly (as per one of the posts in this thread)

Comment

• Originally posted by AlienKanpur View Post
                        Attention zakasbanda, Nan1paul, @abhd
                        I see several queries about the SSN and GC.
                        SSN generally arrives within 10 days after entering USA. In some cases it has taken upto three weeks. In case the SSN does not arrive within 3 weeks then one can approach the local SSN administration. Some forms will need to be filled up.
                        GC arrives anywhere from 35 days to 90 days after entering USA. One can check the progress of the GC through the NVC website by using the receipt number issued when one paid the $220 fee.
                        Best wishes to all in waiting.
                        Thank you AlienKanpur for yet again providing very valuable guidance. Greatly appreciate it!

Comment

• Originally posted by gc_check View Post

I think there is a similar recent post in this thread where someone had to submit 864A. It could be possible that since your brother-in-law's W2 were included, they are asking for his joint sponsorship document. As soon as you submit it, it should get approved fairly quickly (as per one of the posts in this thread)
                          Thank you. I did look it up. Our lawyer has fill up 864A and also copy of passport is uploaded, lawyer said letter is not necessary as they never faced this kind of query with their clients prior to this case. But, we have letter ready and asked it to be uploaded too as it's mentioned in 221(g). I have printed copies here and will be sending them with passport tomorrow through ahmedabad dropbox.

Comment

• Originally posted by rxt View Post

Thank you. I did look it up. Our lawyer has fill up 864A and also copy of passport is uploaded, lawyer said letter is not necessary as they never faced this kind of query with their clients prior to this case. But, we have letter ready and asked it to be uploaded too as it's mentioned in 221(g). I have printed copies here and will be sending them with passport tomorrow through Ahmedabad drobox.
                            I am worried about my Mother's GC interview too. Her DQ date is March 10th 2023. I summited 864A only on my income with my W2 but joint tax return with my wife. My wife is not in 864A so since we summited joint tax return I worry they will issue 221g to my mom as well to submit 864A for my wife. I wonder if we can upload 864A now for my wife just in case and not worry about needing it after interview. And I also worry if I do submit 864A in advance for my wife, will it issue me a new DQ date? That will send me further down the line for interview.
                            Last edited by kannansandesh; 05-11-2023, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kannansandesh View Post

I am worried about my Mother's GC interview too. Her DQ date is March 10th 2023. I summited 864A only on my income with my W2 but joint tax return with my wife. My wife is not in 864A so since we summited joint tax return I worry they will issue 221g to my mom as well to submit 864A for my wife. I wonder if we can upload 864A now for my wife just in case and not worry about needing it after interview. And I also worry if I do submit 864A in advance for my wife, will it issue me a new DQ date? That will send me further down the line for interview.
                              For my mom, I just had me on the I864 supported by my W2. Our tax transcripts were for a joint return with my wife. The consular office did not raise any queries about it and everything went smoothly.

Comment

• Originally posted by kannansandesh View Post

Well, honesty there is no sure way to decide on this. Generally, they do not need extra co sponsor if income is enough, which was in our case and also another case which I read. Many were not asked and some were asked. Just carry it along during interview, if they ask anything - only if they ask, then show them. Don't upload in advance and see how it goes. They asked my mother for it, even though it was not uploaded or ready, they did ask her if she has i-864a for my brother in-law, if we had it then would have completed process there itself.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X