Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=user2022;n799491]Biometric Interview: What is the process? I am waiting for IL for my 85yo mom and I understand from other posts that the IL will have a link to schedule an appointment with VAC to get biometrics done. Is that correct? /QUOTE]

We have a B1/B2 for which we have provided biometrics? Do we need to give once again before IR5 interview?

This question because we are unable to get a VAC slot before the interview date

Comment

• [QUOTE=SansInd;n799510]
      Originally posted by user2022 View Post
      Biometric Interview: What is the process? I am waiting for IL for my 85yo mom and I understand from other posts that the IL will have a link to schedule an appointment with VAC to get biometrics done. Is that correct? /QUOTE]

We have a B1/B2 for which we have provided biometrics? Do we need to give once again before IR5 interview?

This question because we are unable to get a VAC slot before the interview date
      Keep looking for the VAC slots. They keep opening. Irrespective of your earlier finger printing, you will have to do it gain. There is still enough time. Get the medical done and keep looking for th3 biometrics. You can look for biometrics at any of the VAC centers. Best wishes

Comment

• Originally posted by Raj2022 View Post

Visa refused 1 year back . Told me to file 601 .
        Dear Raj2022,
        Sorry to hear that VISA got rejected. This is indeed the first time that I heard in this forum about the VISA getting rejected. They must have told some reason. I-601 is perhaps a waiver application. SO one will need to apply for the waiver under which the VISA got rejected. I am afraid I am not at all conversant with this issue. Only an attorney may be able to help you. Best wishes.

Comment

• [QUOTE=AlienKanpur;n799517]
          Originally posted by SansInd View Post

Keep looking for the VAC slots. They keep opening. Irrespective of your earlier finger printing, you will have to do it gain. There is still enough time. Get the medical done and keep looking for th3 biometrics. You can look for biometrics at any of the VAC centers. Best wishes
          Thanks. Indeed I was able to get biometrics appointment, just a week before interview date at my location. As you said, slots keep opening.

Comment

• i got error while apply for Biometric appointment. anyone has same issue?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	431
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	799574​

Comment

• Can i book VAC while waiting for interview date for IR5 Location is Mumbai

Comment

• Originally posted by spatel2023 View Post
                Can i book VAC while waiting for interview date for IR5 Location is Mumbai
                No you cannot. Wait till you get the IL. Best wishes.

Comment

• Hi - Can someone kindly shed light on what medical insurance options folks on this forum have obtained for new green card holders ( for my parents in this case who are over 65 yrs)?
                  I read that they may not be eligible for medicare/medicaid since they have not worked in the US previously.

Also do they need proof of insurance upon arrival into the US?

Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by ironv View Post
                    My parents (DQed 1/21, 2/12) got their interview in Mumbai for 8/21.

medical exam
                    - can they go in for a medical exam at the earliest available appointment? Or is there max gap requirement between exam date and interview date? They live in Hyd, so @ CMM Hyd.

ustraveldocs website
                    - I tried to create an account for my dad yesterday on ustraveldocs website and once I try to save the profile I get the message "error occurred when loading a Visualforce page". Filed a ticket by emails which they replied & closed saying they were aware of the issue. Does one not need to use that site?

biometrics
                    - how and where do I set up this appointment?

Thx!
                    cgifederal.com is the site for setting up appointments.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jannat93 View Post
                      URGENT HELP NEEDED
                      parents had interview on March 16, 2020, cancelled because of covid.
                      did their fingerprints in March 2020.
                      now have their interview appointment on June 30, 2023, do they also need to do their fingerprints again?
                      on USTravel docs step 7 asks if fingerprints completed before April 2020? i said yes took me straight to consular appt scheduling
                      letter from embassy said to make 2 appoints vac and consular.
                      If anyone has been through something similar please HELP​
                      Their earlier date was in 2020 and now it is 2023. Due to this time gap they will have to undergo everything before their interview. Medical, Bio-metrics and a new PCC from the local PSK where they reside. Also they will need a copy of your latest ITR which is surely asked by the consular officer as per my experience.

Comment

Please hire a good Immigration Lawyer for such legal advice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indiannyc View Post
                          Hi - Can someone kindly shed light on what medical insurance options folks on this forum have obtained for new green card holders ( for my parents in this case who are over 65 yrs)?
                          I read that they may not be eligible for medicare/medicaid since they have not worked in the US previously.

Also do they need proof of insurance upon arrival into the US?

Thank you!
                          Do their travel insurance to cover them during their travel. Try Marketplace for any policy suitable for them.

Comment

Dear Raj2022
                            Did you take some action since they refused visa one year back? Better contact an attorney at the earliest in US.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironv View Post
                              My parents (DQed 1/21, 2/12) got their interview in Mumbai for 8/21.

medical exam
                              - can they go in for a medical exam at the earliest available appointment? Or is there max gap requirement between exam date and interview date? They live in Hyd, so @ CMM Hyd.

ustraveldocs website
                              - I tried to create an account for my dad yesterday on ustraveldocs website and once I try to save the profile I get the message "error occurred when loading a Visualforce page". Filed a ticket by emails which they replied & closed saying they were aware of the issue. Does one not need to use that site?

biometrics
                              - how and where do I set up this appointment?

Thx!
                              Dear ironv
                              Congrats for IL. It is very good to learn that DQD 2/12 got IL within 4 months.
                              Once you have received IL you can get medicals done anytime till 7 days before IV interview. However see that medical reports are valid for six months. So the entry in to US should take place before the validity expires. Still, when you receive back the passports with visa, check for the date of validity in the visa stamp.
                              In the IL, they give links for medical and link for biometrics. Use those links for booking the medical and biometrics (VAC)

Comment

• My In-law's Green cards were approved. It was normal processing. I have updated the tracker.

DQ 4th Nov 2022
                                IL 14th April 2023
                                Medical 22nd May 2023
                                Biometric 25 May 2023
                                Interview 22nd June 2023

We wish to thank everyone on this forum for all the advice and answers that they have posted. It has helped us greatly in this process. We wish you all success in your endeavor to get green cards for your parents.
                                Last edited by rsv2022; 06-22-2023, 10:23 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X