Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear AlienKanpur sir,
    Please tell me the process to get only a Biometrics appointment at VAC, Delhi. I am totally confused between ustraveldocs.com and cgi.federal.secure.com sites. Accessing the cgi site is next to impossible, keeps locking me out. Your assistance in this regard will surely clear all the doubts. Thanking you.
    Last edited by asg1957; 08-17-2022, 02:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlienKanpur View Post

Dear AdiY,
      I was born in 1951, I do not have a birth certificate. So my layer advised me to submit two affidavits and a Certificate of Non-availability of the birth certificate. For the I-130 application you would have also submitted these documents. Your parents will need to carry the originals of the documents that were submitted in support of the date of birth. In case of the marriage certificate our lawyer insisted that we should get one. I was married in 1977. We got a certificate from the office of the registrar for marriage. In the case of your parents, some documents would have been submitted, like affidavits, marriage cards, photos etc. Again the same rule, just carry the originals of all the documents that were accepted by the USCIS.
      A very vital question, has the NVC informed you about being documentarily qualified (DQ). If you have not heard from NVC about the case being DQ then it is quite likely that they can ask you for additional documents.
      Best wishes

Thanks AlienKanpur for the response. I am still waiting to hear from NVC for our case, may be in next 2-3 weeks they will get to review our documents. I submitted some additional evidence like my school records, my parents joint accounts, one affidavit from my uncle etc to USCIS as additional documents as we didn't have birth or marriage certificates for my parents. That was good enough for USCIS to approve the case, let's see what NVC says. We will carry originals for the submitted documents, unless NVC explicitly asks for marriage or birth certificates.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdiY View Post

Thanks AlienKanpur for the response. I am still waiting to hear from NVC for our case, may be in next 2-3 weeks they will get to review our documents. I submitted some additional evidence like my school records, my parents joint accounts, one affidavit from my uncle etc to USCIS as additional documents as we didn't have birth or marriage certificates for my parents. That was good enough for USCIS to approve the case, let's see what NVC says. We will carry originals for the submitted documents, unless NVC explicitly asks for marriage or birth certificates.
        We had no birth certificate & marriage Certificate too.Our lawyer said that there is no need to submit birth certificate as that clause is agreed upon due to the statement by our Government.However he told us to get our marriage certificate.
        We got our marriage certificate from the place that we got married (Udaipur).We had to get it from the court from Udaipur .We went there specially one day for this certificate.
        For birth certificate,We both had our secondary School Leaving certificate & also both of us got the affidavits made by our relatives 10 years elder to us,2 each.
        Though marriage certificate is not generally asked at the interview,better to have.It is also necessary for getting DQ.
        However,they always ask for birth certificate at interview.You should have whatever we got.Only School leaving certificate was taken for my husband as a proof of birth certificate,they returned the relatives affidavit
        Similarly,they took only the new Police Certificate,returned the old one.
        We had not uploaded the newer Birth Certificate documents though.
        The only documents uploaded recently were documents of change of address & IRS & W2's by my daughter.

Hope this information is of help to you AdiY.
        Last edited by sapnaanagol; 08-15-2022, 05:23 AM.

Comment

• Max Mohali said that the medical report was sent to embassy directly so we don't need to carry anything for the consular interview, Is that true? The list of documents shows "Medical report" as one of the items to carry. Do we need to carry anything regarding medical?

Comment

• I show a person share his ir5 DQ is 15 Oct 2021 and got IL on July 27 2022. My parents DQ is 5 OCT 2021, still waiting. Hope this week more IL will be mailed.

Comment

• Originally posted by asg1957 View Post
              Dear Alien Kapoor sir,
              Please tell me the process to get only a Biometrics appointment at VAC, Delhi. I am totally confused between ustraveldocs.com and cgi.federal.secure.com sites. Accessing the cgi site is next to impossible, keeps locking me out. Your assistance in this regard will surely clear all the doubts. Thanking you.
              Dear asg1957
              It seems you need to clear your browsing history, cache and cookies and restart your computer. Then log in to ustraveldocs.com and click menu. In the dropdown list, Click the green login button without doing anything. That will take you to cgi.federal.secure.com
              Follow the instructions and do the VAC appointment. All the best.
              Last edited by GeoMac; 08-15-2022, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• I am not very sure but if I recall old comments by AlienKanpur, they were to fly to the US these days. All the best for the journey and welcome to the USA.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmalik View Post

sapnaanagol My mom's sputum test results came and I got an email from consulate to schedule an interview. Now they have already done Biometrics but the CGI system doesn't let me schedule consular interview without VAC, did you have the same situation. I scheduled the VAC too but should we just skip it? I called and support people don't have any idea they are just saying go for both, I called again and the other person on the phone said its consulate decision but I didn't get any reply to email

Comment

• Hi,
                    My father has done sputum test. I want to do do I have to reschedule both vac and consulate appointments. He has already done his fingerprints but they didn’t took interview

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoMac View Post
                      I am not very sure but if I recall old comments by AlienKanpur, they were to fly to the US these days. All the best for the journey and welcome to the USA.
                      Thanks a lot GeoMac. By God’s grace we will be leaving in the night today.
                      will update the forum after settling down in home perhaps by 19 or 20.
                      Best wishes to all.

Comment

• Originally posted by sapnaanagol View Post

We had no birth certificate & marriage Certificate too.Our lawyer said that there is no need to submit birth certificate as that clause is agreed upon due to the statement by our Government.However he told us to get our marriage certificate.
                        We got our marriage certificate from the place that we got married (Udaipur).We had to get it from the court from Udaipur .We went there specially one day for this certificate.
                        For birth certificate,We both had our secondary School Leaving certificate & also both of us got the affidavits made by our relatives 10 years elder to us,2 each.
                        Though marriage certificate is not generally asked at the interview,better to have.It is also necessary for getting DQ.
                        However,they always ask for birth certificate at interview.You should have whatever we got.Only School leaving certificate was taken for my husband as a proof of birth certificate,they returned the relatives affidavit
                        The only documents uploaded recently were documents of change of address & IRS & W2's by my daughter.

Great going sapnaanagol, heartiest Congratulations on reaching 100 posts in the Forum. Your inputs have been very vital and informative for all those who are going through the sputum test issues.
                        Do go for your VAC appointment on the 28 and then update the forum. Doing biometrics again before the interview is creating quite a bit of confusion.
                        best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prabh1115 View Post
                          Hi,
                          My father has done sputum test. I want to do do I have to reschedule both vac and consulate appointments. He has already done his fingerprints but they didn’t took interview
                          Dear Prabh1115,
                          if you have gone throughout the detailed algorithm, first posted by GeoMac then by sapnaanagol, it is very clear that in order to reschedule your interview, getting the Vac appointment is mandatory.
                          Best wishes

Comment

• Originally posted by sapnaanagol View Post

Dear Sapnaanagol, I have a follow-up question. You mentioned that you used your Secondary School Leaving Certificate as one of supporting evidence for your birth date. Does that certificate mention your maiden surname different from your current surname? If yes, did you provide any self-affidavit/note explaining that so that NVC understands/accepts it refers to the same person (You)? Or, is that unnecessary? I am planning to use my mother's school leaving exam card (with her maiden surname) as one of the supporting documents for NVC submission, so wanted to ask you about this. Thanks.
                            Last edited by Aviask2; 08-16-2022, 01:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmalik View Post
                              Max Mohali said that the medical report was sent to embassy directly so we don't need to carry anything for the consular interview, Is that true? The list of documents shows "Medical report" as one of the items to carry. Do we need to carry anything regarding medical?
                              There are some papers given by the Medical facilty,those you should carry.

Comment

• Originally posted by dqoct52021 View Post
                                I show a person share his ir5 DQ is 15 Oct 2021 and got IL on July 27 2022. My parents DQ is 5 OCT 2021, still waiting. Hope this week more IL will be mailed.
                                All the best!You may get soon,if not,write a mail to NVC.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X