CSPA for Consular Processing (I-824) - Green Card for Daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSPA for Consular Processing (I-824) - Green Card for Daughter

My 140 got approved in Dec 2013. I got my GC in EB1 Category on 14 oct 2016.

For my daughter we started consular processing, submitted the application for action on an Approved petition (Form I-824) in Dec 2018 acknowledged in March 2019 and finally approved in Feb 2020.

After the case was opened we submitted the DS-260 in October 2020 and on Feb 4 2021 received notification from NVC that documentation is received and should wait for appointment.

We submitted an expedited request to NVC as she will age out on June 7 2021 (21 years old ) and NVC forwarded the case to Mumbai Embassy. Her preference category is E1. Priority Date is Dec 5 2013.

Currently due to pandemic there are extreme delays so wanted to know will she have CSPA leverage? Any help on what can be done at this stage?

Hi.
    I may nave similar issue. My daughters I-824 Form was approved on April 27, 2020- during the pandemic. Since then, we are waiting for interview appointment but due to Pandemic- it was never scheduled. She will turn 21 on August. My Lawyer said we should wait or submit it AGIAN from scratch with different category. Obviously, he want to proceed it again and make more money.
    Have no Idea who can answer regarding the CSPA leverage as I-824 is not listed under I-130, I-140, I-360 or I-526

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X