Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Visa Experience USA Embassy Dhaka.

Dear All,
    I am with this forum more than one year. This forum helps me much to have many ideas from different aspects. I was promised I will share my 'petition to visa approve' with all in this forum. Just have a look my experience it may give you a idea:

01. March-2006, My wife applied for me (I-130) to USCIS at Vermont Service Centre from New York. April-2006 she got receipt letter from USCIS with receipt number (it's very important). Visa class was F2A and generally it takes about 5 yrs to become current (as Depart. of States visa bulletin). I was waiting outside of USA for my visa and I knew I will have to wait 5 yrs!!! Time was not moving and I was going to mad detaching from my wife, nothing to do just wait wait and wait. With USCIS receipt no. you can sign in their system and can check your update information.

02. Oct-2009, My case approved by USCIS and they sent it to National Visa Center, New Hamshire. Nove-2006, I got my DHK case number from NVC. What a great day it was. But after some days I understood that there were many difficulties waiting for us. Arrange eligible sponsor, gather bonafide marriage documents, get civil documnets etc. I thought that all the papers I need to submit in US Embassy Dhaka. But from 2009 Dept. of States change the system. NVC will have all documnets except 'passport and medical papers' in their office in New Hamshire. Dhaka US Embassy just will have the passport, medical papers, relationship documents that's it.

03. Dec-2009, NVC sent me (to my wife's address in USA) letter requesting DS-3032 (choice of agent). We replied it within 14 days selecting my wife as my choice of agent. Foreign corresponding letters encounter into problem in Bangladesh due to corruption and mismanagement. So most of the people choose their relative who lives in USA as their choice of agent. This address is very important because NVC will contact you in this address next time.

04. Jan-2010, NVC sent letter requesting I-864 (Affidefit of Support). The Poverty Guideline (by Dept. of Labor) as 125% for the year of 2009 was USD19,000/- for a family of two. Me and my wife, and we have no dependents so my wife shoould be qualified for her tax year 2009 grows income minimum USD19,000/- Otherwise we need to seek another sponsor (joint sponsor) with same condition. I am a little bit detailed because it is very important for family based sponsor visa, about 90% visa disqualified due to proper affidefit of support. We are lucky, last year (2009) my wife's grows income was about $22000/-. So we were releived. We sent our I-864 to NVC Mar-2010 and they approved it. There was two different bill for applicant (me), one-affidefit of support bill ($70), two- visa fee ($400). They sent us some information so that we can sign in theire system and can pay the bill online. You can do that it's very easy and faster.

05. Feb-2010, NVC sent me letter requesting 1- Police Certificate (original), 2- Marriage Certificate (origina), 3- Birth Certificate (original), 4- Two 2"x2" Photo, 5- Copy of passport (biographic pages). I applied for police certificate in Dhaka Metropolitan Police HQ at Minto road, and after one week a police from Sutrapur PS came to my house for varification and demand Tk5000/-. I have no choice but fill up this bustard's demand. I lost my original birth certificate but managed another one from city corp office at Dholpur paying Tk700/-.

06. Feb-2010, I gathered all documents and went to GPO for EMS postal service. But allas! dramatically I lost all of my original papers and understood it after 33 days sending the postal. I didn't understand there was another bustard team at GPO waiting for me. I had EMS tracking number and when I checked it online it says "Despatch to USA". But I am pretty sure they didn't send my envelop and lost it. Whenever I contacted them to trace my postal they replied they sent it and rebuked United States Postal Service (how funny, where is USA administration system and where is Bangladesh). By all means, I collected all the papers again and spend much money. This time I drop my postal to FedEx (Tk2300/-) and they delivered it after two days, what a surprise!!! My wife redirect the papers to NVC.

07. May-2010, I got my interview letter dated June-2010 at Dhaka US Embassy. One important thing is they didn't send me any letter to my usa address, they used my e-mail instead of it. I got all messages from NVC from my e-mail. Interesting!! We had love marriage and we didn't have any marriage function, wedding pictures. How do I prove our relationship, our marriage? US Embassy is very hard to see relationship documents they are not care of marriage certificate. As far I know this mentality of VO only for some poor countries. They don't have any requirements to look relationship evidence like pictures etc for Europeans, Australians or other rich countries. I had some pictures which we took very beginning of our love. I was sure VO will not happy to see those and will ask me many more evidences otherwise they will hang me up year after year!!!

08. I went to Dr. Wahab's chamber at Baridhara for my medical test 7 days before my interview. A young girl pushed me a injection and other man took some blood. Doctor came in after a while and used his very old model strethiscope to feel my heart bit (God know's what he feels). And asked me for money. I paid him tk.3000/-. That's it.

09. At the day of Interview:
    My interview time was in June-2010 at 8:00 AM. There was a long que at the gate of US Embassy. I didn't know I am not allowed to carry my mobile phone inside the building. Security asked me to put it anywhere outside of building. There was no shop within 300 yards of the US Embassy. At Baridhara Square I found a boy to keep my cell phone paying tk30/-
    I entered into the building 07:30AM. There were two more security doors inside there. Everybody checked my passport and interview letter and allowed me to go interview waiting room. My heart was bitting like hammer and I was looking around the interior and other waiting people about 50-60. There was a big tv screen and it was showing how to do good fingerprint. Suddenly at 09:30am. a lady call my name to go room no.12. I went there and found a bangaldeshi man with my all papers that I sent USA. He returned all original documents except Police Certificate and told me to wait for next call. At 11:00am again my name on speaker to go room no 5. I went there and found a american lady with fingerprint machine. She helped me to take my finger print accurately. I came back to my waiting room for final interview. I knew that this fingerprint is very important for US Visa. They will take more than 1 hour to varify my fingerprint I have any red flag or not. Electonically they sent the fingerprint to their main system (us criminal database) and checked it to match with anybody or not. If the system hit with anybody definately they will send back your whole file to Washington to check manually you are the right person hitted with. Most of the time it goes with wrong hit due to same first or last name (very easy in Bangladesh, most of the people's first name is Mohammed and last name is Rahman or Khan). This is called Administrative Review or Processing. But my name was not very common name in Bangladesh. So I was relax. Around 12:45pm. my name is on the speaker to go room no 7. I entered into the room with all my stuffs. There was an american lady. I said "good afernoon", smily replied "good afternoon".
    a. What is your name? answered
    b. Who is the petitioner?answered
    c. Where is your wife lives and what she does?answered
    d. Who lives with your wife, any other family member?answered
    e. How do you know each other before marriage?answered
    f. Do you have any pictures of your relationship? I was afraid she might be not happy to see the pictures that was taken long days ago very beginning of our love. I didn't have any wedding pictures and I was with my wife only few months during this whole five years.
    g. Visa Officer was looking all of my papers beginning to end. I was going to faint there was no smile in my face at that time. I was thinking what will happen if she refuse. This is the time I was waiting for five years.
    h. Visa Officer smiles and told me "We approve your visa" Ya hooooooo--Ya hoooooooo. "We need some times to process your visa on your passport, pls come tomorrow after 2:00pm to collect your passport with visa." I replied nothing but a great thanks.

h. Next day when I was in US Embassy gate there was no que. After normal checking security allowed me to go inside. Entering into the waiting room I found some people were waiting I saw them yesterday. A lady called my name to come room no 5 with some others. We all went there. A Bangladeshi lady was explaing about the yellow envelop not to open it and return it to the port of entry in USA as it is.

Same day I cut my air ticket (Air India) for the next day. I flew Dhaka to Bombay and Bombay to New York in June-2010. My love wife was waiting at the arrival gate. We smile and hug each other it was fun, it was tear, it was joy.

Thanks for your patients,
    Playboy
    Florida, USA.

Thanks mate for typing out that experience you had. I am sure that all will benefit from reading your experience.

Good luck.

Comment

Great Post

Originally posted by playboy1 View Post
      Dear All,
      I am with this forum more than one year. This forum helps me much to have many ideas from different aspects. I was promised I will share my 'petition to visa approve' with all in this forum. Just have a look my experience it may give you a idea:

01. March-2006, My wife applied for me (I-130) to USCIS at Vermont Service Centre from New York. April-2006 she got receipt letter from USCIS with receipt number (it's very important). Visa class was F2A and generally it takes about 5 yrs to become current (as Depart. of States visa bulletin). I was waiting outside of USA for my visa and I knew I will have to wait 5 yrs!!! Time was not moving and I was going to mad detaching from my wife, nothing to do just wait wait and wait. With USCIS receipt no. you can sign in their system and can check your update information.

02. Oct-2009, My case approved by USCIS and they sent it to National Visa Center, New Hamshire. Nove-2006, I got my DHK case number from NVC. What a great day it was. But after some days I understood that there were many difficulties waiting for us. Arrange eligible sponsor, gather bonafide marriage documents, get civil documnets etc. I thought that all the papers I need to submit in US Embassy Dhaka. But from 2009 Dept. of States change the system. NVC will have all documnets except 'passport and medical papers' in their office in New Hamshire. Dhaka US Embassy just will have the passport, medical papers, relationship documents that's it.

03. Dec-2009, NVC sent me (to my wife's address in USA) letter requesting DS-3032 (choice of agent). We replied it within 14 days selecting my wife as my choice of agent. Foreign corresponding letters encounter into problem in Bangladesh due to corruption and mismanagement. So most of the people choose their relative who lives in USA as their choice of agent. This address is very important because NVC will contact you in this address next time.

04. Jan-2010, NVC sent letter requesting I-864 (Affidefit of Support). The Poverty Guideline (by Dept. of Labor) as 125% for the year of 2009 was USD19,000/- for a family of two. Me and my wife, and we have no dependents so my wife shoould be qualified for her tax year 2009 grows income minimum USD19,000/- Otherwise we need to seek another sponsor (joint sponsor) with same condition. I am a little bit detailed because it is very important for family based sponsor visa, about 90% visa disqualified due to proper affidefit of support. We are lucky, last year (2009) my wife's grows income was about $22000/-. So we were releived. We sent our I-864 to NVC Mar-2010 and they approved it. There was two different bill for applicant (me), one-affidefit of support bill ($70), two- visa fee ($400). They sent us some information so that we can sign in theire system and can pay the bill online. You can do that it's very easy and faster.

05. Feb-2010, NVC sent me letter requesting 1- Police Certificate (original), 2- Marriage Certificate (origina), 3- Birth Certificate (original), 4- Two 2"x2" Photo, 5- Copy of passport (biographic pages). I applied for police certificate in Dhaka Metropolitan Police HQ at Minto road, and after one week a police from Sutrapur PS came to my house for varification and demand Tk5000/-. I have no choice but fill up this bustard's demand. I lost my original birth certificate but managed another one from city corp office at Dholpur paying Tk700/-.

06. Feb-2010, I gathered all documents and went to GPO for EMS postal service. But allas! dramatically I lost all of my original papers and understood it after 33 days sending the postal. I didn't understand there was another bustard team at GPO waiting for me. I had EMS tracking number and when I checked it online it says "Despatch to USA". But I am pretty sure they didn't send my envelop and lost it. Whenever I contacted them to trace my postal they replied they sent it and rebuked United States Postal Service (how funny, where is USA administration system and where is Bangladesh). By all means, I collected all the papers again and spend much money. This time I drop my postal to FedEx (Tk2300/-) and they delivered it after two days, what a surprise!!! My wife redirect the papers to NVC.

07. May-2010, I got my interview letter dated June-2010 at Dhaka US Embassy. One important thing is they didn't send me any letter to my usa address, they used my e-mail instead of it. I got all messages from NVC from my e-mail. Interesting!! We had love marriage and we didn't have any marriage function, wedding pictures. How do I prove our relationship, our marriage? US Embassy is very hard to see relationship documents they are not care of marriage certificate. As far I know this mentality of VO only for some poor countries. They don't have any requirements to look relationship evidence like pictures etc for Europeans, Australians or other rich countries. I had some pictures which we took very beginning of our love. I was sure VO will not happy to see those and will ask me many more evidences otherwise they will hang me up year after year!!!

08. I went to Dr. Wahab's chamber at Baridhara for my medical test 7 days before my interview. A young girl pushed me a injection and other man took some blood. Doctor came in after a while and used his very old model strethiscope to feel my heart bit (God know's what he feels). And asked me for money. I paid him tk.3000/-. That's it.

09. At the day of Interview:
      My interview time was in June-2010 at 8:00 AM. There was a long que at the gate of US Embassy. I didn't know I am not allowed to carry my mobile phone inside the building. Security asked me to put it anywhere outside of building. There was no shop within 300 yards of the US Embassy. At Baridhara Square I found a boy to keep my cell phone paying tk30/-
      I entered into the building 07:30AM. There were two more security doors inside there. Everybody checked my passport and interview letter and allowed me to go interview waiting room. My heart was bitting like hammer and I was looking around the interior and other waiting people about 50-60. There was a big tv screen and it was showing how to do good fingerprint. Suddenly at 09:30am. a lady call my name to go room no.12. I went there and found a bangaldeshi man with my all papers that I sent USA. He returned all original documents except Police Certificate and told me to wait for next call. At 11:00am again my name on speaker to go room no 5. I went there and found a american lady with fingerprint machine. She helped me to take my finger print accurately. I came back to my waiting room for final interview. I knew that this fingerprint is very important for US Visa. They will take more than 1 hour to varify my fingerprint I have any red flag or not. Electonically they sent the fingerprint to their main system (us criminal database) and checked it to match with anybody or not. If the system hit with anybody definately they will send back your whole file to Washington to check manually you are the right person hitted with. Most of the time it goes with wrong hit due to same first or last name (very easy in Bangladesh, most of the people's first name is Mohammed and last name is **** ** or Khan). This is called Administrative Review or Processing. But my name was not very common name in Bangladesh. So I was relax. Around 12:45pm. my name is on the speaker to go room no 7. I entered into the room with all my stuffs. There was an american lady. I said "good afernoon", smily replied "good afternoon".
      a. What is your name? answered
      b. Who is the petitioner?answered
      c. Where is your wife lives and what she does?answered
      d. Who lives with your wife, any other family member?answered
      e. How do you know each other before marriage?answered
      f. Do you have any pictures of your relationship? I was afraid she might be not happy to see the pictures that was taken long days ago very beginning of our love. I didn't have any wedding pictures and I was with my wife only few months during this whole five years.
      g. Visa Officer was looking all of my papers beginning to end. I was going to faint there was no smile in my face at that time. I was thinking what will happen if she refuse. This is the time I was waiting for five years.
      h. Visa Officer smiles and told me "We approve your visa" Ya hooooooo--Ya hoooooooo. "We need some times to process your visa on your passport, pls come tomorrow after 2:00pm to collect your passport with visa." I replied nothing but a great thanks.

h. Next day when I was in US Embassy gate there was no que. After normal checking security allowed me to go inside. Entering into the waiting room I found some people were waiting I saw them yesterday. A lady called my name to come room no 5 with some others. We all went there. A Bangladeshi lady was explaing about the yellow envelop not to open it and return it to the port of entry in USA as it is.

Same day I cut my air ticket (Air India) for the next day. I flew Dhaka to Bombay and Bombay to New York in June-2010. My love wife was waiting at the arrival gate. We smile and hug each other it was fun, it was tear, it was joy.

Thanks for your patients,
      Playboy
      Florida, USA.
      Thank you. It was a great post. Definitely it will help immigrants from bangladesh a alot.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X