Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EB2 Consular processing (Mumbai consulate) , Steps & Experience ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB2 Consular processing (Mumbai consulate) , Steps & Experience ?

Hello Friend,

I got my EB2 consular processing visa scheduled on Jan 27, 2022. I live in Bangalore, I need to schedule biometric and medical exams and courier pickup details.
    Is there a way I can take my fingerprint / biometric appointments and medical checkup in Chennai and attend an interview in Mumbai?

Please let me know if anyone has recently completed the CP interview at the Mumbai consulate, steps and tips that could help us.

Appreciate your response!

Thanks
    Selvan

Congratulations. can you please update your priority date and DQ date. I am trying to estimate the wait for my case.

Comment

Congrats Selvan.... yes you can take medical checkup in Apollo chennai. They will give you a sealed envelope which you need to submit. VAC and biometrics too you can take in any consulate where you can get appointment.

bw...when is your DQ ? I'm in EB1 and DQ Jun 2020 and have not received IL. Wanted to know what date range is currently being processed.

Comment

Great news Selvan, like everyone else I am too curious to know your DQ and prority date ?

Comment

That's great news Selvan and Congrats. Also, can you please share your DQ and Priority date?

Comment

Hi ! All the Best for your interview.I hope you would have completed Biometrics,& Medicals by now.

​​Our Experience
            I had my interview CP for EB2 with my family yesterday on 25th in Mumbai. Finished our Biometrics on 23rd in Mumbai.

We reached just 15 minutes before the interview.They let us in shortly.
            Got the token #
            First Indian officer checked all the civil documents 1.Current Valid Passport
            2.Birth Certificate & Marriage Certificate( original+ copy)
            3.DS-260 verified by the VAC.
            4.PCC
            5.Employer offer letter.
            6. Medical was not asked Bcz they didn't give any sealed envelope. It was send directly.

We were asked to wait for the interview by the American consular officer.
            The interview was very straight forward, just basic questions

1.Asked who is my employer?
            2. For What position ?
            3. Regarding past work experience with the employer?
            4.Asked about my US Education level
            5.I had over stayed for 150 days after H1 B denial , so asked documentation regarding that.

​​​​​​We gave all the required docs .
            No questions for my wife.
            Just asked questions about how we manage the kids.
            casual talk.

​​​​​​The officer said all looks good. And asked me to sign the form
            and handed over the form saying your Visa is Approved.
            I'm still waiting for my passport and sealed envelope.
            He said i should receive it in a week time.
            Interview was 10-15 minutes Maxx.

Overall it was 3 Hours inside the consulate. Because it was taking longer Bcz lot of Family Migrations.

Comment

Coolchan80 - what is your DQ date ?

Comment

My DQ date was 16-Nov-2020

Comment

That's great and congratulations to you. Would you know till what date has EB2 progressed ? I mean till which DQ dates have EB2 been scheduled for interview. The reason I ask is for EB1 it's till July 2020. If EB2 is progressing ahead, it s agood sign.

Comment

Folks, thought this might be useful to share: I'm EB2. DQ is 13Jan2020. Received email from NVC on 19Jan2022 saying my visa interview has been scheduled at Mumbai Consulate for 22Feb2022. I now have less than one month to hustle and get my PCCs refreshed

Comment

How come you received it quite late and nov 2020 has already completed the interview? Coolchen mentioned his DQ as nov 2020

Comment

vrk519- Is it Jan 2021 or 2020 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Robo81 View Post
                          vrk519- Is it Jan 2021 or 2020 ?
                          Robo81 my DQ was Jan 2020, 10 months after Coolchan80, but my interview was only scheduled for Feb 2022. Not sure why. It has been a long wait indeed!

Comment

Not sure how NVC works..but never the less good luck for your interview.

Comment

Originally posted by Coolchan80 View Post
                              Hi ! All the Best for your interview.I hope you would have completed Biometrics,& Medicals by now.

​​Our Experience
                              I had my interview CP for EB2 with my family yesterday on 25th in Mumbai. Finished our Biometrics on 23rd in Mumbai.

We reached just 15 minutes before the interview.They let us in shortly.
                              Got the token #
                              First Indian officer checked all the civil documents 1.Current Valid Passport
                              2.Birth Certificate & Marriage Certificate( original+ copy)
                              3.DS-260 verified by the VAC.
                              4.PCC
                              5.Employer offer letter.
                              6. Medical was not asked Bcz they didn't give any sealed envelope. It was send directly.

We were asked to wait for the interview by the American consular officer.
                              The interview was very straight forward, just basic questions

1.Asked who is my employer?
                              2. For What position ?
                              3. Regarding past work experience with the employer?
                              4.Asked about my US Education level
                              5.I had over stayed for 150 days after H1 B denial , so asked documentation regarding that.

​​​​​​We gave all the required docs .
                              No questions for my wife.
                              Just asked questions about how we manage the kids.
                              casual talk.

​​​​​​The officer said all looks good. And asked me to sign the form
                              and handed over the form saying your Visa is Approved.
                              I'm still waiting for my passport and sealed envelope.
                              He said i should receive it in a week time.
                              Interview was 10-15 minutes Maxx.

Overall it was 3 Hours inside the consulate. Because it was taking longer Bcz lot of Family Migrations.
                              Hey Coolchan80 did you get your passport back with the immigrant visa stamp? How long did it take? Mine was approved on 22 Feb and it's been nearly two weeks but I have not heard back from the Consulate or USA Visa Docs about my passport.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X