Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Parents missed IR5 green Card Counsellor interview in Mumbai

Hello All,
    My parents received a letter from NVC for a March 24th, 2022 Counsellor interview in Mumbai. They were traveling, so could not attend. I sent an email to Mumbai Consulate and their email mentioned that your profile has been updated. Please log in. But I am only able to schedule the Visa Application Center (VAC) biometric interview and do not see an option for Counsellor interview in Mumbai.
    I am completely stuck and Mumbai Consulate is no help. Do I just wait for another interview data or do I have to take some action?

Anyone in this situation?

Comment

Originally posted by amitabharora View Post
      Hello All,
      My parents received a letter from NVC for a March 24th, 2022 Counsellor interview in Mumbai. They were traveling, so could not attend. I sent an email to Mumbai Consulate and their email mentioned that your profile has been updated. Please log in. But I am only able to schedule the Visa Application Center (VAC) biometric interview and do not see an option for Counsellor interview in Mumbai.
      I am completely stuck and Mumbai Consulate is no help. Do I just wait for another interview data or do I have to take some action?

Hi

My parents were in a similar situation. we were stuck for months and finally found the right approach.

When you try to book a consular interview (follow the right steps), you will first see selection of a date for VAC. Even though you have already completed biometrics at VAC, just pick a farthest date, and click next. Then it'll show you a calendar for selecting consular interview date. Select and save. You'll have two dates, one for VAC and one for consular. You can just ignore the vac date or attend and tell them that you've already done it.

If you picked a date for vac and couldn't find a date for consular, then go back and pick a different VAC date, click next to pick consular date. Keep trying different vac dates until you find a slot for consular.

There is no way to book consular date alone. This is the way the system operates. My parents attended vac 2/3 months ago and yesterday finished their consular interview

Best of luck
      Last edited by atlguy; 06-30-2022, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by atlguy View Post

Hi

My parents were in a similar situation. we were stuck for months and finally found the right approach.

When you try to book a consular interview (follow the right steps), you will first see selection of a date for VAC. Even though you have already completed biometrics at VAC, just pick a farthest date, and click next. Then it'll show you a calendar for selecting consular interview date. Select and save. You'll have two dates, one for VAC and one for consular. You can just ignore the vac date or attend and tell them that you've already done it.

If you picked a date for vac and couldn't find a date for consular, then go back and pick a different VAC date, click next to pick consular date. Keep trying different vac dates until you find a slot for consular.

There is no way to book consular date alone. This is the way the system operates. My parents attended vac 2/3 months ago and yesterday finished their consular interview

Best of luck
        Wow, that makes complete sense. Many many thanks for the info atiguy.
        One more question. DO I respond Yes or No to this question below. NVC of course had previously scheduled a counselor interview that I was not able to go:

"Did the National Visa Center (NVC) or Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) schedule your immigrant or diversity visa interview appointment for an upcoming date?"
        Last edited by amitabharora; 07-16-2022, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Wow, that makes complete sense. Many many thanks for the info atiguy.
          One more question. DO I respond Yes or No to this question below. NVC of course had previously scheduled a counselor interview that I was not able to go:

"Did the National Visa Center (NVC) or Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) schedule your immigrant or diversity visa interview appointment for an upcoming date?"
          Yes, as they did schedule the first one

Comment

Yes, as they did schedule the first one
            Thank god, I have an interview set now. DO you know what questions does the Counsellor asks? How should I prepare my parent for the interview?

Comment

Thank god, I have an interview set now. DO you know what questions does the Counsellor asks? How should I prepare my parent for the interview?
              Dear amitabharora,
              I am happy that you could fix an interview for your parents. Please do share this info on “Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interview for IR5…..” because there are many people who are trying to re-schedule their parents’ interview. This is a discussion group mainly containing IR5 people.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoMac View Post

Dear amitabharora,
                I am happy that you could fix an interview for your parents. Please do share this info on “Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interview for IR5…..” because there are many people who are trying to re-schedule their parents’ interview. This is a discussion group mainly containing IR5 people.
                Will do and thanks.

Comment

Simple questions like
                  How are you related to the petitioner? keep proof of birth cert..
                  What does the petitioner do in US (you)?

you can request interview in local language

Comment

Thank you atlguy!! I'm on a similar situation.We still haven't received a mail copy of original appointment letter to schedule a Medical Checkup for my parents.Will email copy works for that or do we need a original letter mailed?

Comment

Hi sivansini no hard copy of interview letter is mailed . print the email that you received. this is what i understand. hope this helps.

Comment

Hi

Best of luck
                        Hi

I am struck in similar situation. My parents were denied consular interview on Nov 1, 2023 as they hadn't done biometrics. They have completed biometrics on 26th. Now I need to reschedule their consular interview. Mumbai Consulate is of no help. Now pls tell me where I should book a consular interview? Which website?

Thanks

Comment

Hello Kamal,
                          My Dad also did not do biometrics ( not at all clear from website or interview letter) and he too was denied the consular interview. Basically sent back from Mumbai consulate.

From where did you do the biometrics ? Were you able to schedule the consular interview ? If so how did you do it ?

Comment

Hi Santoshshah,
                            You go to usvisascheduling.com. Follow the instructions and create a profile of your Dad. Look for request/feedback option. Go there and look for comments section. Upload his interview confirmation letter there and wait for their instructions. Once they open up the options for rescheduling you have to fill the dates. I have uploaded my parents' interview confirmation letters there and am waiting for the instructions. Also call 02262011000 (II tried full day and finally was able to talk to the agent) and talk to them. I am sure you will find the way. Good luck. Wish me luck too..

Comment

I did their biometrics from Kolkata. However, since I didn't follow their instructions, now I have to do their biometrics again.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X