Traveling while IR5 application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling while IR5 application

My mother has B2 visa and I have applied for IR5 and she is at DQ stage right now and waiting for interview notification now. My question is can she travel on her B2 visa to USA while she is waiting for interview for IR5? AOS right now is taking lot of time so that was not an option when I filed for IR5.

Originally posted by pushparaj View Post
    My mother has B2 visa and I have applied for IR5 and she is at DQ stage right now and waiting for interview notification now. My question is can she travel on her B2 visa to USA while she is waiting for interview for IR5? AOS right now is taking lot of time so that was not an option when I filed for IR5.
    Dear Pushparaj,
    AOS would have been better because your mother would have come and stayed with you while waiting for adjustment approval. Anyway the consular processing also takes good time, however a few recent cases got IL faster than expected. Hope your mom also gets IL fast. Traveling to US at this stage is not advisable unless there is an urgent need or unavoidable circumstances. Somebody has put a link on IR5 forum (is mumbai........), from which you can estimate when your mom will get IL.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X