Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLEASE HELP ME ......on I-864 ( JOINT SPONSOR )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE HELP ME ......on I-864 ( JOINT SPONSOR )

Last month i applied adjustment status (I-485) for my mother.which i have joint sponsor,because i could not meet Poverty guideline income.Joint sponsor she is a retired united state born citizen. she was working in American Airlines for 40 years. In 2013 she was retired. She has ( Form SSA- 1099- Social security benefit statement and income of (Pension) from American Airlines, SSN Copy,Passport biographic page,Last month i submit all these form and copies along with I-485 Adjustment status. Now here is the question, Today i got pink letter from USCIS that said' The joint sponsor on form I-864, Affidavit of support, must submit a complete federal income tax return submitted to the internal revenue service for the most recent year.

The joint sponsor on form I-864, Affidavit of support, must be united state citizen, united state nation al,or lawful permanent resident of the united states.

submit evidence of the joint sponsor's status
    birth certificate etc.
    Does social security benefit income work or not ?
    In this situation how should i fill correctly I-864 form?
    Should i submit both income together in form I-684 on Part 6. 2,14,15 or not ?
    Please if you have any good suggestions share me Thank you.......

You are being asked for the following:

1. Proof of her U.S. status (U.S. birth cert or unexpired U.S. passport data page copy).
    2. Copy of her 2014 Federal income tax return, or proof that she is not required to submit an income tax return.

-Ray B

Originally posted by JPG View Post
    Last month i applied adjustment status (I-485) for my mother.which i have joint sponsor,because i could not meet Poverty guideline income.Joint sponsor she is a retired united state born citizen. she was working in American Airlines for 40 years. In 2013 she was retired. She has ( Form SSA- 1099- Social security benefit statement and income of (Pension) from American Airlines, SSN Copy,Passport biographic page,Last month i submit all these form and copies along with I-485 Adjustment status. Now here is the question, Today i got pink letter from USCIS that said' The joint sponsor on form I-864, Affidavit of support, must submit a complete federal income tax return submitted to the internal revenue service for the most recent year.

The joint sponsor on form I-864, Affidavit of support, must be united state citizen, united state nation al,or lawful permanent resident of the united states.

submit evidence of the joint sponsor's status
    birth certificate etc.
    Does social security benefit income work or not ?
    In this situation how should i fill correctly I-864 form?
    Should i submit both income together in form I-684 on Part 6. 2,14,15 or not ?
    Please if you have any good suggestions share me Thank you.......

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      You are being asked for the following:

1. Proof of her U.S. status (U.S. birth cert or unexpired U.S. passport data page copy).
      2. Copy of her 2014 Federal income tax return, or proof that she is not required to submit an income tax return.

-Ray B
      thank you Ray B. one thing, joint sponsor she is retired, can i submit sponsor SSA-1099 income along with her birth certificate.? could you don't mine how do i proof that she is not required to submit an income tax return. please !

Comment

JPG,

Yes, the SSA-1099 is acceptable as proof of income.

A signed statement explaining why she is not required to file an income tax return, with copy of IRS citation/instruction, will serve purpose of "proof" that she does not have to file an income tax return.

--Ray B

Originally posted by JPG View Post
        thank you Ray B. one thing, joint sponsor she is retired, can i submit sponsor SSA-1099 income along with her birth certificate.? could you don't mine how do i proof that she is not required to submit an income tax return. please !

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X