Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Crba

    I am a us citizen by naturalization since 2017 . I was a green card holder from 2008 . I got married abroad with a non us citizen and have a child . I want to apply for a CRBA for my child but I don't know if the time of 5 years required spent in USA means after I gained citizenship or the years as a green card holder can count too ?

    Thank you in advance for your answers.

  • #2
    You need to be a citizen before the child was born. Is that true for your case?
    Secondly, the 5-year rule applies to your time in the US within your lifetime (2 years after age 14) but it's regardless of when you obtained citizenship. The entire CRBA process is explained in each US consulate's website. However, the general rules are the same. You should start by filing the DS-2029 and looking at the instructions on the process.
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.