Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Came as child got citizen can be revoked ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Came as child got citizen can be revoked ?

I came to this country with my parents when I was 14 . it was 1998. I got my citizenship in 2008. And I got married 2005 i have 2 kids . they were born here. Kids are by born citizen. Uscis suspect my mother did some kind of fraud to get herself in usa including myself. Officer called me and setup an intwrview with me. I did not do anything wrong. As i said i came here with them as a 14 year old child. What they might as me. And what are my options is . i am not too familiar with paperwork stuff. Please help. Thank you.
    Last edited by Russellmir; 05-07-2021, 12:39 AM.

You automatically became a citizen based on your mother's naturalization (derivative).
    In such cases, the USCIS will need to pursue the "denaturalization" case against your mother first. This will then need to be proven it in a federal court (and not an immigration court). The standard is very high here (high crimes, war crimes, serious concealment of material facts, etc.) and she is considered innocent until proven guilty. Even if a judge rules against her, she has the right to appeal and go to a higher court.

That's why it is very difficult to revoke US citizenship.

If the USCIS does succeed in denaturalization, then all derivates also lose their benefits (exception is US born citizens).

Hire a highly competent lawyer before speaking with the USCIS.
    Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

It seems the OP naturalized at age 24, so they naturalized on their own, and didn't get citizenship automatically as a minor. The basis to revoke their naturalization might be that they didn't lawfully become a permanent resident in the first place.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

You must be absolutely truthful when filling out paperwork and answering interview questions related to the naturalization application process. Even if the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) fails to recognize any lies or ommissions at first, the agency may file denaturalization certificate after citizenship has been granted.

Comment

You can ensure your protection by discussing deportation laws and what it means to be a natural citizen with an immigration lawyer.
          1v1 lol
          Last edited by superedan; 02-28-2023, 10:57 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X