OCI nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI nightmare

I submitted my OCI and renunciation application on April 4th. CKGS website says "Processing at Embassy". I have 5 tickets booked for 17th July and desperately need a visa. My father in law is 80 and in very delicate health.I cant travel once schools open.Has anyone tried to get an entry visa or tourist visa from Washington DC? The documents required include renunciation certificate, and I of course cant provide that because my Indian passports are stuck with the OCI application, God know where....CKGS wont give me any visa without the renunciation cert..Do I have to kill someone in my family to get an emergency visa? Apparently that is given just 2 days before the flight takes off. We were travelling solely because of my father in laws poor health and want the kids to spend some time with him before he gets any worse. He needs heart surgery but has had so many surgeries that the doctor is not brave enough to advise him another one.He can barely walk.Is that an emergency?
    I am so depressed, I could go to the press and write to the PM with this. An Indian is not getting permission to go to India..They have completely botched up the transition to CKGS. Nobody at CKGS has a clue about whats going on at the Embassy ...its a disaster...Does anybody know if I can get an entry visa or tourist visa without the renunciation certificate? Another question for folks who sent their apps in April or end of March...what status does it show on the CKGS website when you enter your passport number. Does it say "Processing at Embassy"..Any help will be much appreciated.
    Last edited by arshiya44; 06-20-2014, 10:25 PM.

I would suggest you contact the Embassy or consulate which serves your area.

My experience with NY has been mixed. The higher ups ignore but the lower rung consuls respond (usually on the same day). Send an email or try to call them directly. You can get a list from their website - contact us. If you do call, call in the afternoon 1.30-2.30 that is the best time to catch them.

Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Vishnu1 View Post
      I would suggest you contact the Embassy or consulate which serves your area.

My experience with NY has been mixed. The higher ups ignore but the lower rung consuls respond (usually on the same day). Send an email or try to call them directly. You can get a list from their website - contact us. If you do call, call in the afternoon 1.30-2.30 that is the best time to catch them.

Good Luck!
      Thanks. I am unable to find any phone numbers for the embassy at Washington DC. They only have a fax number listed.Any ideas on what number I can call? Can I just walk up to the embassy and request to speak to a consul officer? Nobody is responding to my emails....do you have any email that seems real...Thanks again.

Comment

Check these:

It’s 2021, and it’s time to make some changes. From now on, Indianembassy.org will run under a new name: UKMoney.net. You will find the latest news and honest online broker reviews. Go to the UKMoney.net homepage.  

It’s 2021, and it’s time to make some changes. From now on, Indianembassy.org will run under a new name: UKMoney.net. You will find the latest news and honest online broker reviews. Go to the UKMoney.net homepage.  

I guess it would not hurt if you just walk in to the embassy and ask to see a consul. Let us know how it goes. Good luck.

Comment

I advise you to contact the counselor community affairs ([email protected]) in Washington DC. In my case, I had the OCI but I needed to renew it because of my age being more than fifty. I sent my renewal application in March but still waiting. I have already planned my trip for end of July and I do not see my OCI coming by that time. So I applied for the Visitor visa.
          If you send this person an email explaining your situation. he will suggest some way out. Good Luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X