New PIO Card Application @ CKGS, NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by manojkk View Post
    Its the same address. I didn't find any other contact details.
    I had visited CKGS center today. seems like they have lost the original envelope I sent them, they sent the passport and PIO card using a new envelope.. while doing this they created the shipping label with wrong address.

They took 2 hours to figure this out ! luckily at least one of them was competent enough to figure out the problem and now I am following up with FEDEX and positively will get the package by tomorrow.

Comment

Notarize Help

Hi All members, I am applying PIO for my son and I need your help regards below questions. Your comments helped me almost all the questions but still have below.

- At BankOfAmerica, they don't put stamp and sign on each paper. They attach one more additional paper and they sign and stamp on that. Will that be a valid notarization? I think we need to get stamp and sign on each required notarization form. please help.

Comment

Originally posted by vamsivk View Post
        Hi All members, I am applying PIO for my son and I need your help regards below questions. Your comments helped me almost all the questions but still have below.

- At BankOfAmerica, they don't put stamp and sign on each paper. They attach one more additional paper and they sign and stamp on that. Will that be a valid notarization? I think we need to get stamp and sign on each required notarization form. please help.
        Better to get the notarization on each photocopy, like the way it is done in India. Bank of America might not do this. Try to reach out to notaries in UPS etc. They might charge you a fee but you can get the sign and stamp on each page

Comment

Originally posted by SriRaj View Post
          @VandeMaataram - Thanks to the answers in this thread. It sure helped me and believe other people visiting this thread.

For anybody else wondering what to send for spouse(on H4) proof of residence (In case the spouse does not have utility/DL/Stateidentity) - I called CKGS and they said, we can send rental agreement with both parents name on it with Marriage certificate - both notarized. I have sent these as per their advise and hoping it will get through.

Also Any updates on the current processing time? Did you receive your PIO?

I just mailed the PIO forms yesterday for my 1 month old son and and wondering what could be the turnover time.

Any others, who have applied got their cards? Please let know to this thread - it would be helpful.

Thanks,
          Raj
          Hi Raj,
          I am also facing same issue can you suggest if the document worked for you. I tried to call and drop mail to CKGS. But didn't heard any thing from them.
          Please suggest.

Comment

PIO Processing time and status update on website

@VandeMaataram:
            Did you get any further update on the application status?
            I had sent my son's application to Washington DC center on 09/04 which was received by them on 09/06. The status on the website was updated on the same day but there has been no update since then. Here is the last update as of today 09/15/2014 3:00 PM EST.

Application Status Date of Status
            Your application is in process. Your tracking id is USAxxxxxxxx 09/06/2014
            Your application has been received and will be submitted subject to verification. 09/06/2014

I spoke at the service desk and they have put a request for status update but did not confirm if the application has been submitted to Embassy or not. As per my knowledge and looking at your application status, my application should have been submitted to Embassy last week.

Can anyone share their experience on how much time it should take? We have a travel plan in first week of november so a bit worried about any delay.
            Thanks for any feedback !!!

Originally posted by VandeMaataram View Post
            Just wanted to share my application experience. I mailed the application for my son's PIO via FedEx and it reached CKGS on Tue, 7/8 at 10am. Received an email with payment receipt and tracking number on Thu, 7/10 at 10am. Here is the current tracking status as of 7/10 6pm.

Application Status Date of Status Remarks
            Your application has been submitted at The Indian Embassy for further processing. 07/10/2014
            Your application is in process. Your tracking id is USAxxxxxxxxx 07/10/2014
            Your application has been received and will be submitted subject to verification. 07/10/2014

Some notes/advice:

1) Document required page on CKGS website says "two sets of all documents" required. It was not clear if it is only two sets of PIO application forms or all supporting documents. I emailed CKGS and they promptly said send two sets of all documents. Just to be safe, I mailed 2 copies of everything (all forms and supporting documents).
            2) Their website says only the third page of PIO form needs notarized, but in their email clarifying about documents above, they requested "parental authorization" and applicant's "birth certificate" also to be notarized.
            3) My city is not on the list of CKGS FedEx service, so I sent a return envelope with a shipping label I created using my FedEx online account (I used this before when I applied for my older child's PIO application with Travisa and it worked out).
            4) Though I did not use their value added courier service, their instructions and the online courier form are not intuitive. Just to be safe I filled and submitted the online courier form though I used my own modes to send the application and receive the PIO. Submitting the form submits data to them, there is no confirmation page to print and attach with the application.
            5) I advice you guys to pay with Money Order instead of paying online with credit card. I say based on experience of others on this forum, CKGS payment system does not give you a confirmation page, you will need to send your credit card statement showing the charges as proof of payment.

Waiting with my fingers crossed for the process to complete without any headaches. I will provide updates as the process progresses. Good luck with your applications.

VandeMataram!

Comment

Pretty fast...cool...CKGS atlanta

Your application has been collected from the Embassy/Consulate and is being sorted. Your application will be ready for collection from our Application Centre within one business day. 09/18/2014
              Your application has been received and will be submitted subject to verification. 09/15/2014
              Your application has been submitted at The Indian Embassy for further processing. 09/16/2014
              Your application is in process. Your tracking id is USAA00000000 09/15/2014

Comment

Pio

Hi,

Iam applying for my daughter PIO application today and confused with few things. We are appling to CKGS ,NY Please can all who have gone through this process let us know few things.

1) In CKGS declaration and undertaking form , they mention the signature of applicant. Do parent can sign the document or we need to take an infant thumb impression?

2)Do we need to send the CKGS disclaimer form, to them?

3)I have taken $220(includes return shipping from CKGS thru fedex). after taking money order i found out that my city is not included CKGS online curier form. what are the options now?

4) I have taken notary on 3 page of PIO form, on parental authorization form, on copy of birth certificate.Is that enough?

kindly need all your suggstions.

thanks,
                kpurna.

Comment

Did you received any answer?

Hi Kpurna,

Were you be able to find answer of your question. I too have same question.

Originally posted by kpurna View Post
                  Hi,

Iam applying for my daughter PIO application today and confused with few things. We are appling to CKGS ,NY Please can all who have gone through this process let us know few things.

1) In CKGS declaration and undertaking form , they mention the signature of applicant. Do parent can sign the document or we need to take an infant thumb impression?

3)I have taken $220(includes return shipping from CKGS thru fedex). after taking money order i found out that my city is not included CKGS online curier form. what are the options now?

4) I have taken notary on 3 page of PIO form, on parental authorization form, on copy of birth certificate.Is that enough?

thanks,
                  kpurna.

Comment

PIO forms for Applicant's signature

Hi,

Please help me with answers for below questions.

1. In CKGS declaration and undertaking form, Disclaimer form, Order form for a NB, can parent sign these documents or require baby's thumb impression?
                    2. Can a bill from Aetna would suffice as a address proof for spouse? My wife doesn't have anything on her name except a bill from Aetna (No utility bills/rental agreements)

A prompt response to this would be greatly appreciated as I need to apply for a PIO card AEAP.

Thanks in advance.

Jitu

Comment

Hi Jitu,

1. What we did was: both of us (myself and spouse) signed and also took thumb impressions of our child.

2. I think you could go ahead with what you have plus also send a copy of your marriage certificate. I read about that being an option for certain scenarios somewhere.

Originally posted by Jitendar View Post
                      Hi,

1. In CKGS declaration and undertaking form, Disclaimer form, Order form for a NB, can parent sign these documents or require baby's thumb impression?
                      2. Can a bill from Aetna would suffice as a address proof for spouse? My wife doesn't have anything on her name except a bill from Aetna (No utility bills/rental agreements)

A prompt response to this would be greatly appreciated as I need to apply for a PIO card AEAP.

Thanks in advance.

Jitu
                      - - - Updated - - -

Hi kpurna,

1. What we did was: both of us (myself and spouse) signed and also took thumb impressions of our child.
                      2. Yes
                      3. Cancel the money order and get refunded. Make a new one.
                      4. Yes, I think so. We also got the "Additional particulars form.." notarised.

Originally posted by kpurna View Post
                      Hi,

thanks,
                      kpurna.

Comment

Originally posted by Jitendar View Post
                        Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Jitu
                        1) Yes, Parents can sign ( I submitted application in person)
                        2) I submitted utility bill(on my name) and Marriage certificate

(Note : I submitted in 1 oct and still waiting for PIO)

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Any one who recently applied for PIO at NY, any update on approval status?
                        For me its been already more than 25 days and still waiting :-(

I need to travel by 20th Nov. little tensed now :-(

Your application has been submitted at The Indian Embassy for further processing. 10/03/2014
                        Your application has been received and will be submitted subject to verification. 10/01/2014
                        Your application is in process. Your tracking id is USA **** **** 10/01/2014

Comment

Waiting for an Update

I submitted my daughter's PIO Minor application to CKGS (NY Consulate) on 10/23. I got an email on 10/23 saying that I need to provide documents for immigration status for me and my wife. I immediately sent them I-797 copy of me and my wife. On 10/24 they sent an email again saying the same thing again. I didn't know what they were expecting and hence sent them the Visa copy and I-797 again. I have not heard back from them since then.

I have the customer care twice (Wait time 20-30 mins) and they have no clue of what is happening. They said they have created a ticket with NY consulate and the status would be updated within 24 hours. Its been a couple of days and I don't see an update yet. My experience has been bad so far with CKGS. Hopefully they will process my application soon and send the documents to the consulate.

Recieved Additional Document 10/24/2014 missing both parents valid u.s. immigration status.
                          YOUR APPLICATION IS ON HOLD due to the missing or incomplete documents as mentioned in Remarks Column Only once the documents are received by us at CKGS and post verification, will we be able to continue to process your application. Refer to the Email sent to you from CKGS with further details. 10/23/2014 missing both parents valid u.s. immigration status.
                          Your application has been received and will be submitted subject to verification. 10/23/2014
                          Your application is in process. Your tracking id is USAN YYYY YYYY 10/23/2014

Comment

Originally posted by spids View Post
                            1) Yes, Parents can sign ( I submitted application in person)
                            2) I submitted utility bill(on my name) and Marriage certificate

(Note : I submitted in 1 oct and still waiting for PIO)

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Any one who recently applied for PIO at NY, any update on approval status?
                            For me its been already more than 25 days and still waiting :-(

I need to travel by 20th Nov. little tensed now :-(

Your application has been submitted at The Indian Embassy for further processing. 10/03/2014
                            Your application has been received and will be submitted subject to verification. 10/01/2014
                            Your application is in process. Your tracking id is USA **** **** 10/01/2014
                            Did you try calling their Customer Care? I don't think it should take so long to process your application.

I have called them a couple of times and they may help you.

516-206-1483
                            646-589-0088

Call after 4 PM EST. The wait time would be low. Good Luck.

Comment

PIO Minor Application Tracking

Hi sm420j and spids,

Did any one of you hear back from CKGS. I submitted the PIO application for our minor son on Oct. 9 and the status is as follows

Your application has been submitted at The Indian Embassy for further processing. 10/09/2014
                              Your application is in process. Your tracking id is xxxxxxxxxxxxx 10/09/2014
                              Your application has been received and will be submitted subject to verification. 10/09/2014

When I submitted the package in CKGS New York, the lady who received it said that it usually takes 20 - 25 business days. We have booked a trip to India on Nov. 21 and now I am really getting worried now, after seeing your dates.

Please let me know your status.

Thanks,

Mohak

Comment

Originally posted by usvisas View Post
                                Hi Jitu,

2. I think you could go ahead with what you have plus also send a copy of your marriage certificate. I read about that being an option for certain scenarios somewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi kpurna,

2. Yes
                                3. Cancel the money order and get refunded. Make a new one.
                                4. Yes, I think so. We also got the "Additional particulars form.." notarised.

Hi,
                                usvisas,

thx much for the info provided.

will update with any new developments.

kpurna.

- - - Updated - - -

hi,

sorry for late reply. I havent checked my inbox for while.

- I have emailed the ckgs and they responded by saying:

- i need to take the thumb impression of the baby in undertaking and declaration form.
                                - yes , we need to notarize the 3 page of PIO application form, parental authorization form and copy of birth certificate.
                                - i have taken draft for $205.00 as the return service i have not included. Iam sending the prepaid return envelop thru fedex.
                                - we have to send the CKGS disclaimer form as well with applicant signature. iam applying for my infant , so we took her thumb impression.
                                - we can write N/A in the fields given. or can leave it blank.

these are the answers got from ckgs to me thru email.

thx,
                                kpurna

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X