X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck with CKGS

Originally posted by mohakrao View Post
    Hi sm420j and spids,

Did any one of you hear back from CKGS. I submitted the PIO application for our minor son on Oct. 9 and the status is as follows

Your application has been submitted at The Indian Embassy for further processing. 10/09/2014
    Your application is in process. Your tracking id is xxxxxxxxxxxxx 10/09/2014
    Your application has been received and will be submitted subject to verification. 10/09/2014

When I submitted the package in CKGS New York, the lady who received it said that it usually takes 20 - 25 business days. We have booked a trip to India on Nov. 21 and now I am really getting worried now, after seeing your dates.

Please let me know your status.

Thanks,

Mohak

I'm in a helpless situation with my application. My case is stuck saying that they have missing documentation dated 10/24. After writing them 10 emails and calling them 10 times, one guy from the customer care asked me to send hard copy of the documents to them. It was so ridiculous that after waiting for 10 days, they are saying this. Also they had clearly sent in the missing document email saying that we can send soft copies if we are not sending original copies. I wasted 10 days after emailing them the soft copied and waiting for them to update. Yesterday, I have FedEx them an overnight shipment with the documents which they asked.

I don't know when they would process this. Even I have a India trip coming in second week of December. From what I have understood, the customer care has absolutely no control over these cases. They just buy time sending the same emails again and again. the consulate would not take more than 2 weeks to process the card. If you stay close to NY, I would recommend you to go to their office and check in person. I will probably do that in the third week of Nov if I don't hear back from them.

Comment

Originally posted by sm420j View Post
      I'm in a helpless situation with my application. My case is stuck saying that they have missing documentation dated 10/24. After writing them 10 emails and calling them 10 times, one guy from the customer care asked me to send hard copy of the documents to them. It was so ridiculous that after waiting for 10 days, they are saying this. Also they had clearly sent in the missing document email saying that we can send soft copies if we are not sending original copies. I wasted 10 days after emailing them the soft copied and waiting for them to update. Yesterday, I have FedEx them an overnight shipment with the documents which they asked.

I don't know when they would process this. Even I have a India trip coming in second week of December. From what I have understood, the customer care has absolutely no control over these cases. They just buy time sending the same emails again and again. the consulate would not take more than 2 weeks to process the card. If you stay close to NY, I would recommend you to go to their office and check in person. I will probably do that in the third week of Nov if I don't hear back from them.

Hi sm420j, spids and mohak,

Could you please let me know your application status as I am also in the same situation like you guys.
      Last edited by msreddy_a79; 11-10-2014, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Submitted to Embassy on 11/10

Originally posted by msreddy_a79 View Post
        Hi sm420j, spids and mohak,

Could you please let me know your application status as I am also in the same situation like you guys.

Your application has been submitted at The Indian Embassy/Consulate for further processing. 11/10/2014
        Recieved Additional Document 10/24/2014 missing both parents valid u.s. immigration status.
        YOUR APPLICATION IS ON HOLD due to the missing or incomplete documents as mentioned in Remarks Column Only once the documents are received by us at CKGS and post verification, will we be able to continue to process your application. Refer to the Email sent to you from CKGS with further details. 10/23/2014 missing both parents valid u.s. immigration status.
        Your application is in process. Your tracking id is USAN YYYY YYYY X 10/23/2014
        Your application has been received and will be submitted subject to verification. 10/23/2014

They held on to my application for close to 17 days. I have already submitted a passport withdrawal form since I need something to travel before 12/08.

Comment

Originally posted by sm420j View Post
          Your application has been submitted at The Indian Embassy/Consulate for further processing. 11/10/2014
          Recieved Additional Document 10/24/2014 missing both parents valid u.s. immigration status.
          YOUR APPLICATION IS ON HOLD due to the missing or incomplete documents as mentioned in Remarks Column Only once the documents are received by us at CKGS and post verification, will we be able to continue to process your application. Refer to the Email sent to you from CKGS with further details. 10/23/2014 missing both parents valid u.s. immigration status.
          Your application is in process. Your tracking id is USAN YYYY YYYY X 10/23/2014
          Your application has been received and will be submitted subject to verification. 10/23/2014

They held on to my application for close to 17 days. I have already submitted a passport withdrawal form since I need something to travel before 12/08.

Hello,

This is my application status.

Your application has been submitted at The Indian Embassy for further processing. 10/23/2014

YOUR APPLICATION IS ON HOLD due to the missing or incomplete documents as mentioned in Remarks Column Only once the documents are received by us at CKGS and post verification, will we be able to continue to process your application. Refer to the Email sent to you from CKGS with further details. Missing both parents Valid U.S. Visa status in order to continue. 10/09/2014

Your application is in process. Your tracking id is USAN **** **** 10/09/2014

Your application has been received and will be submitted subject to verification. 10/09/2014

I have booked tickets to travel on 11/23. Hope for the best

Comment

GOod Luck

Hello,

Your application has been submitted at The Indian Embassy for further processing. 10/23/2014

YOUR APPLICATION IS ON HOLD due to the missing or incomplete documents as mentioned in Remarks Column Only once the documents are received by us at CKGS and post verification, will we be able to continue to process your application. Refer to the Email sent to you from CKGS with further details. Missing both parents Valid U.S. Visa status in order to continue. 10/09/2014

I think you are fine. They have processed application from 10/20 yesterday so chances of you getting your PIO this week is very high. Good luck and keep us posted

Comment

Adult PIO with renunciation

Hello,
              Overall process was very smooth for my application Hope this helps you. Below is my application status. My passport and PIO is being shipped back today..

Applicant Status
              Your application has been collected from the Embassy/Consulate and is being sorted.*
              Your application will be ready for collection from our Application Centre within one business day. 11/11/2014 *

Your application has been submitted at The Indian Embassy for further processing. ** * * * * * * *10/20/2014 *

Your application is in process. Your tracking id is USAN0000000 ** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *10/17/2014 *

Your application has been received and will be submitted subject to verification. ** * * * * * * *10/17/2014

However my wife's application which was FedEx 'ed along with me was submitted to the Consulate 3 days later on 23rd Nov.. Not sure why there was a delay on CKGS end. Hoping to get an update about hers today or tomorrow.

Arun

Comment

Originally posted by VandeMaataram View Post
                @newuser12 (post #2)

1. When you select that you are using your own carrier, the city field is grayed out, you don't need to fill it. You only have to fill your carrier name and shipping label reference (tracking number / airway bill number etc..)
                2. If your city is not there, then you cannot use the option of "return documents by FedEx". You have to send an envelope with a prepaid shipping label. You can get one from FedEx store or you can create a FedEx online account and create a shipment and print your own label. If you have doubts send an email to CKGS, they are pretty prompt in answering questions. I got replies back within 24 hours even during weekends.
                3. USA
                4. I left all fields that are not applicable as blank. That's how I did it for my eldest and it worked out. Did the same for my youngest now.
                5. 23(a) I wrote "Both parents currently hold Indian Passports, copies enclosed. Father's passport details given below." and I provided my passport details in 23(b)-(d)
                6. 24(a) I wrote "Yes. Father's birth details below." and provided my details in 24(b0(c)
                7. They clearly state 2x2 but space is not sufficient. Don't worry, get standard 2x2 photos and stick them as is. I also enclosed 4 additional photos.
                8. Select (b). The application is for your child and it is not on the basis of his spouse.

Hope this helps...

NOTE: CKGS submitted by documents to the embassy, so the way I filled my documents should have been alright. I did the same for my eldest and I got his PIO so I repeated the same steps.
                Dear @Vandematram and everyone contributing to the Thread,

Your post and replies have been very helpful to me to understand the process of PIO.

I have couple of questions about the PIO form. Can someone please look at it and provide guidance on the answers to the questions given below (PIO Form)

Q#25. Proof of residence (is this the US residence proof?)

Also me and my wife both are Indian citizen and I'm here on my L1 visa. Are the below mentioned evidences enough. It will be helpful if someone can please confirm
                1. Print out of all the forms duly filled and notorized.
                2. Indian passport copies - Me and Wife.
                3. Notarized Birth Certificate - Applicant (my kid)
                4. Address Proof - Electricity bill US
                5. return envelope.

Request your help and guidance.

Thank you.

Comment

My wife's application was also approved 2 days ago and I received my PIO card by FedEx yesterday . My wife's PIO should be FedEx'ed next week.

Great job CKGS NY.

Comment

PIO Application approval status

Any idea when 10/28 PIO applications will be processed in NY embassy? My baby's application has been submitted at embassy on 10/28 and yet to hear back on the approval status.

Comment

PIO Application Status

Hello,

Hi msreddy,

Any update on your application status?

Comment

Need Suggestion

Originally posted by Jitendar View Post
                        Hi msreddy,

My application was delivered to CKGS on 11/13/2014 and I haven't received any confirmation from them yet. I have sent an email to them. Any suggestion, what else can I do ? I am working on close deadlines. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by artim View Post
                          My application was delivered to CKGS on 11/13/2014 and I haven't received any confirmation from them yet. I have sent an email to them. Any suggestion, what else can I do ? I am working on close deadlines. Thanks in advance.

some times they are late on processing applications, i would give them a day or 2 and call them to verify.

Comment

Hi

Originally posted by yathin View Post
                            some times they are late on processing applications, i would give them a day or 2 and call them to verify.
                            Hi All,

Thank you very much for all the information.

I just sent my PIO Application, made a mistake instead of sending "Printout of FedEx AirBill" for return envelope, I send hand written AirBill !!!!!

just send an email to the "[email protected]" asking how I can fix this error!!

--->Application delivered on 11/18/2014 9am,

I personal think “CKGS” website SUCKS. How hard it is to list out all possible Use-Cases and create a meaning full and clear instructions to each application flow.

“One place says 2 set of documents, Checklist (in my case PIO-check list) says only application.”

- - - Updated - - -

Hi All,

Thank you very much for all the information.

I just sent my PIO Application, made a mistake instead of sending "Printout of FedEx AirBill" for return envelope, I send hand written AirBill !!!!!

just send an email to the "[email protected]" asking how I can fix this error!!

--->Application delivered on 11/18/2014 9am,

I personal think “CKGS” website SUCKS. How hard it is to list out all possible Use-Cases and create a meaning full and clear instructions to each application flow.

“One place says 2 set of documents, Checklist (in my case PIO-check list) says only application.”

Comment

Most horrible experience

Going to India, getting a visa, or a PIO card is one of the worst things Indian officials do.
                              They are so slow, like they're sitting in a village in Bihar and have no care in the world.
                              Applied for my PIO 6 weeks ago.
                              I email them and receive same standard BS response.

They say:
                              "Your visa is under process"

Really? Because I already know that!
                              I paid for it!
                              I know it is under process. Give me progress dude!

Seriously. I am so frustrated.
                              My brother lost his little child and I could not even go to the funeral because of this slow **** indians sitting on my passport for 6 weeks!

I was born in India too and have a lot of respect for hard working Indians.
                              But not for these consulate officials who don't give a fxxxxx about anything.

India could gain so much $ in tourism if they simply made visa free travels for western countries.
                              Look at our neighbor - Thailand. Hong Kong.

Just the red tape of getting a simple visa is agonizing.

Shame on Indian officials and shame on world's second biggest population to not have compassion for human life and letting my nephew die because of pur freaking negligence.

Comment

Need Suggestion

Originally posted by Jitendar View Post
                                Hi msreddy,

Originally posted by yathin View Post
                                I have received to emails from CKGS. 1. Complete application with the tracking code and 2. About incomplete document.
                                I am not able to access the tracking code on site as well " no application exist". Call isn't getting through at the numbers given on site. What am I suppose to do ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X