OCI Prepaid Envelope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI Prepaid Envelope

The OCI application keeps mentioning that I should include self-addressed prepaid envelopes. The self-addressed part I understand but how do I prepay for the envelope when I don't know how heavy the return package is going to end up being? How many stamps should I put on there? And what size envelope??

Also, I will be including the OCI application fee/CKGS fees in the form of a cashier's check which will include $15 for myself and $15 for my wife on the CKGS Order Form as well (Section "I-Application for return of documents by FedEx Courier service").

On top of that I have already paid $30 ($15 there and $15 for return) to FedEx as Courier fee through CKGS website.

So, I don't understand how many different ways they are asking me to pay the same return mailing fee! I sent an email to CKGS over 2 weeks ago but haven't received a response back yet.

Can someone who has already gone through the process provide any insight?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Moni1217 View Post
    The OCI application keeps mentioning that I should include self-addressed prepaid envelopes. The self-addressed part I understand but how do I prepay for the envelope when I don't know how heavy the return package is going to end up being? How many stamps should I put on there? And what size envelope??

Also, I will be including the OCI application fee/CKGS fees in the form of a cashier's check which will include $15 for myself and $15 for my wife on the CKGS Order Form as well (Section "I-Application for return of documents by FedEx Courier service").

On top of that I have already paid $30 ($15 there and $15 for return) to FedEx as Courier fee through CKGS website.

So, I don't understand how many different ways they are asking me to pay the same return mailing fee! I sent an email to CKGS over 2 weeks ago but haven't received a response back yet.

Thanks!
    I agree CKGS website is not very clear on a lot of aspects and information on Prepaid envelopes is one of them. There are 2 ways you can get CKGS to return your OCI Application + US Passport to you once the processing has completed and you just need to select one of these options for them to return your package.
    1. Prepaid Envelope using FedEx
    2. Pay CKGS $15 so they do it for you.

I wasn't clear from your message if you have already paid CKGS for courier fee or not so let me give you a rundown of both options and you can pick one that suits you -
    If you have decided to pay CKGS $15 to return your application once completed then you are good to go, just send them an Envelope big enough (that fits A4 size papers). If you are filing for yourself & wife I would assume they would be able to give back all the documents in the same envelope?? but I am not sure about that as I filed the application individually and maybe in your case you need to send them 2 envelopes.

If you decide to send them a prepaid envelope yourself you will need to create an account with FedEx which is pretty straight forward but you will need Credit Card information. Once the account is created you will "Create a Shipment" for your package with your address in "To" and CKGS address in "From" section. You will input 1lb weight of your shipment by default. Do not worry about the weight yet as the price is determined by the actual weight of the package when FedEx picks it up from CKGS, until them you do not get charged for this package. Anyway, once the shipment is created an "Airway Bill Number" is generated and a "return label" should be printed. You need to paste this Return Label on an Envelope of your choice (make sure it is big enough to fit A4 papers) and send it inside your OCI Application.

I am waiting to receive my OCI Application anytime this week or next and I created my own Prepaid Envelope. In the past I did this for my wife's PIO Application and it worked flawlessly.

Comment

How do I generate lables

Originally posted by bibble View Post
      I agree CKGS website is not very clear on a lot of aspects and information on Prepaid envelopes is one of them. There are 2 ways you can get CKGS to return your OCI Application + US Passport to you once the processing has completed and you just need to select one of these options for them to return your package.
      1. Prepaid Envelope using FedEx
      2. Pay CKGS $15 so they do it for you.

I wasn't clear from your message if you have already paid CKGS for courier fee or not so let me give you a rundown of both options and you can pick one that suits you -
      If you have decided to pay CKGS $15 to return your application once completed then you are good to go, just send them an Envelope big enough (that fits A4 size papers). If you are filing for yourself & wife I would assume they would be able to give back all the documents in the same envelope?? but I am not sure about that as I filed the application individually and maybe in your case you need to send them 2 envelopes.

If you decide to send them a prepaid envelope yourself you will need to create an account with FedEx which is pretty straight forward but you will need Credit Card information. Once the account is created you will "Create a Shipment" for your package with your address in "To" and CKGS address in "From" section. You will input 1lb weight of your shipment by default. Do not worry about the weight yet as the price is determined by the actual weight of the package when FedEx picks it up from CKGS, until them you do not get charged for this package. Anyway, once the shipment is created an "Airway Bill Number" is generated and a "return label" should be printed. You need to paste this Return Label on an Envelope of your choice (make sure it is big enough to fit A4 papers) and send it inside your OCI Application.

I am waiting to receive my OCI Application anytime this week or next and I created my own Prepaid Envelope. In the past I did this for my wife's PIO Application and it worked flawlessly.
      Hello,

I need to ask you a question on labels. I paid two fees of $15.45 online on CKGS with an intent to do two things:

1) Send my application using their FedEx courier services
      2) Receive the documents (when they get ready) to my home from CKGS

Now I have paid the money and all it did was give me receipts for my payments online, it did not generate any FedEx labels nor did it give me any Airway Bill #, so I am confused how am I supposed to send my documents to them now? Once you pay the money, what is it supposed to do? I thought it shall generate a FedEx label, but it didn't...I tried to click on 'Generate labels' but it is asking me Passport # and airway bill #, I don't have airway bill #, pls advice what should I do to generate label...

I sent them an email three days ago but no response,

Thanks in advance for your views,
      sandeep0902

Comment

Originally posted by Moni1217 View Post

Thanks!
        Hi Moni,

I am having the same issue. I bought the courier and incoming courier service which were $30 total. I did not recieve a courier label either. Have you figured it out yet? I am not sure what the airway bill number is. I have tried calling the application center of CKGS and no one has answered yet.

Comment

Courier Service provided by CKGS

Is the courier service provided by CKGS (15$) an overnight delivery service? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Choosing the Fedex shipping option of CKGS

Hello All,

Has anyone used the CKGS Fedex shipping option: I was planning to use CKGS shipping option for posting and return service of my passport renewal.

1. Once I pay CKGS for shipping - How does the shipping label get generated? Do they email me the shipping label?
            2. Not sure how long I need to wait for the shipping label from them - if they email it to me?
            3. And what about Return shipping label, do I send it with my application package along with a fedex return envelope?

Please advice!

Thanks!

Originally posted by sandeep0902 View Post
            Hello,

I need to ask you a question on labels. I paid two fees of $15.45 online on CKGS with an intent to do two things:

1) Send my application using their FedEx courier services
            2) Receive the documents (when they get ready) to my home from CKGS

Now I have paid the money and all it did was give me receipts for my payments online, it did not generate any FedEx labels nor did it give me any Airway Bill #, so I am confused how am I supposed to send my documents to them now? Once you pay the money, what is it supposed to do? I thought it shall generate a FedEx label, but it didn't...I tried to click on 'Generate labels' but it is asking me Passport # and airway bill #, I don't have airway bill #, pls advice what should I do to generate label...

I sent them an email three days ago but no response,

Thanks in advance for your views,
            sandeep0902

Comment

CKGS Shipping Label

Originally posted by sw1 View Post
              Hello All,

Has anyone used the CKGS Fedex shipping option: I was planning to use CKGS shipping option for posting and return service of my passport renewal.

1. Once I pay CKGS for shipping - How does the shipping label get generated? Do they email me the shipping label?
              2. Not sure how long I need to wait for the shipping label from them - if they email it to me?
              3. And what about Return shipping label, do I send it with my application package along with a fedex return envelope?

Please advice!

Thanks!
              Hey,

1. Once you have paid and completed the applications on CKGS website and the Govt. of India website, you will be able to login to "My Account" on the CKGS website. On this website, you need to find the tab "Services Details" and then "Shipping Information". You can print the shipping label (Fedex or UPS) there.

2. CKGS does not email the shipping label.

3. There is no need to include return envelop if you buy the return shipping from CKGS. However, if you do not buy the return shipping, you would have to.

Hope this helps!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X