Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport expiration date with OCI card

Hello all,

I am traveling to India with my minor daughter Dec 8-Jan 2. She is a US Citizen with OCI. Her US passport expires Mar 24. Is there going to be a problem in immigration? I heard something about the US passport needing six months of validity before traveling to India.

My son's US passport had expired this year and I went through the OCI renewal process. What a nightmare! The documents were lost in the Chicago consulate, and I had to show up in person for them to give me the OCI card. The whole process lasted 20 weeks.

Any insights would be much appreciated. If I could ever get a live person at the embassy, I would ask them.

Thanks!

Originally posted by bipinsen View Post
    Hello all,

I am traveling to India with my minor daughter Dec 8-Jan 2. She is a US Citizen with OCI. Her US passport expires Mar 24.

Thanks!
    I dont think I have read this requirement with India. Where did you see this? I know for some European countries there is a 3 month (6 preferred) validity requirement. However, I am not a 100% sure myself and so wait to see what others say. I was in the same boat as you - I travel in March 2015 and my son's passport expires in July 2015. However along with India we are also stopping over in Italy for a few days. So to be safe (and since there is still time), I renewed his passport and sent it for OCI reissue about a week ago.

I dont see India on this list -> https://fastportpassport.com/blog/si...-passport-rule .... but this may not be a totally accurate/complete listing either.
    Last edited by jac2005; 09-15-2014, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jac2005 View Post
      I dont think I have read this requirement with India. Where did you see this? I know for some European countries there is a 3 month (6 preferred) validity requirement. However, I am not a 100% sure myself and so wait to see what others say. I was in the same boat as you - I travel in March 2015 and my son's passport expires in July 2015. However along with India we are also stopping over in Italy for a few days. So to be safe (and since there is still time), I renewed his passport and sent it for OCI reissue about a week ago.

I dont see India on this list -> https://fastportpassport.com/blog/si...-passport-rule .... but this may not be a totally accurate/complete listing either.
      Thanks for the reference. I haven't seen India's requirement directly anywhere. But it's thinking of the list that you just posted that I thought I'd ask. If there's any country that will have rules and regulations that don't make sense, it's gotta be India, right?

I hope there are others that can also offer some advise here.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X